Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado Phenom Released

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Don't have it yet will be getting it soon

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ditto....  server overload hehe!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A forum has been opened, and here are two screen shots I just took flying the circuit in KCHO... I have exactly 10 minutes on her so I have no idea how she performs (so, there is no endorsement here, just a couple of pics). I look forward to hearing from others about how she performs and the innovation included.

ScreenHunter_02 Apr. 03 17.51.jpg

ScreenHunter_03 Apr. 03 17.52.jpg

I have created a Member Review category for her here:

http://forum.avsim.net/reviews/products/details/144-carenado-phenom-twin-jet/

Please contribute your review there when you have had a chance to give her a complete shake down.

A forum has been opened, and here are two screen shots I just took flying the circuit in KCHO... I have exactly 10 minutes on her so I have no idea how she performs (so, there is no endorsement here, just a couple of pics). I look forward to hearing from others about how she performs and the innovation included.

I have created a Member Review category for her here:

http://forum.avsim.net/reviews/products/details/144-carenado-phenom-twin-jet/

Please contribute your review there when you have had a chance to give her a complete shake down.

Tom, any word on the  complexity of the G1000?

Tom, any word on the  complexity of the G1000?

Quick glance? It looks impressive. It's going to take a while to learn (for me anyway).

Their site is constantly giving me error messages so I cannot buy the Phenom :(

Trust me, you lucked out.  I just purchased my Phenom, and must have hit the download button  right as the SQL hit the fan...

The result is I tried several times to download the package, but burned through all three downloads and none of them finished (tried in IE, Chrome, and Firefox, all of them quit about half way through)  :(

As warned, I did disable anti-virus, and don't use download accelerators, so this clearly isn't an issue on my side.

I normally buy through simmarket, but they didn't have it up yet.  Lesson learned: go through a third party who has their act together from now on!

To be clear, all these complaints are against Carenados website, and limited download policy.  I generally find their products excellent, and look forward to maybe even getting to fly their new one some day...

PS: Dear all developers everywhere, enough with the the limited download non-sense already.  it's not saving you bandwidth, it's not having any effect on piracy, and it's just irking your customers.

PS: Dear all developers everywhere, enough with the the limited download non-sense already.  it's not saving you bandwidth, it's not having any effect on piracy, and it's just irking your customers.

Yes, I don't understand why they're using that system. It's really stupid and doesn't help with piracy.

As for using up your downloads, I'm pretty sure they can replenish them if you send them an e-mail. There was a support thread about this, but you can't view it because the website is broken.

Quick glance? It looks impressive. It's going to take a while to learn (for me anyway).

How is it FPS wise? better than the G1000 182 and TBM850?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Refresh your browser - I was able to get it with IE which I never use... 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ya I had a real mystery trying to use Internet Exploder 11 on Windows; that browser has decided only ms.com is safe at this point, I think. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone else click the "cold and dark" button and noting happens?

Have not tried the cold and dark button in FS-X, but I had the same result in P3d. Clicking the cold and dark button did nothing. Every thing else though seems to be going great!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.