Sign in to follow this  
09RKC

Automatic Registration Process

We fielded a complex email issue this week that affected several RCv4 customers, for that we apologize. Having to wait days for a Registration Key is unacceptable. As of a few hours ago this problem's been resolved.

From this point forward and for the fastest key generation, send an email with the following characteristics (no quotes) and you will get your key within 15min:

1). Send the request to: "register@jdtllc.com"

2). The subject line should be: "RCv4 Key Request"

3). The body of the email should contain: "nnnnnnnnnn ! Firstname ! Lastname"

The "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" is where your Product ID should go. Copy/paste!

Any problems with this process should be forwarded to John at jd@jdtllc.com

If you are using Vista or Windows 7, start RCv4 by right mouse-clicking the .exe or shortcut and run as Administer.

Doug

doug@jdtllc.com

I tried that format and the system keeps telling me it cannot find my email address in the records.

Yay!

I ruined my weekend by reformatting the HD on which I'd installed RC, put everything back in place from my external back up... and found that RC had a new product ID.

As advised above, the replacement key arrived within 15 minutes. I'm impressed. And looking forward to four hours of PC time this evening :rolleyes: .

Thanks very much chaps. I hope everything's well with you Doug, and that John's life is a bit more relaxed than it has been in the past.

All the best,

Dave

I sent request at 1pm (gmt) yesterday and am still waiting for code. I also followed up with an email to help mail address a couple of hours later and I still don't have my code.

Can someone please advise me what is going on with my purchase as automated process of 15 mins obviously isn't working in this instance.

I correctly sent details

Xxxxxxxxxxx ! Name ! Surname

Thanks

I sent request at 1pm (gmt) yesterday and am still waiting for code. I also followed up with an email to help mail address a couple of hours later and I still don't have my code.

Can someone please advise me what is going on with my purchase as automated process of 15 mins obviously isn't working in this instance.

I correctly sent details

Xxxxxxxxxxx ! Name ! Surname

Thanks

Send a copy to jd@jdtllc.com subject registration difficulties. Be sure you include any - in the product code.

It may take a couple of days to manually handle if jd is travelling.

Thanks for the reply. Finally got my code. problem was I was missing 1 space between ! And surname. Problem with this system is I had to trawl the web looking for exactly how to get code as the only information on how to receive it was when you open the app the first time. It doesn't mention spaces only that you should send reg number first name and surname. There isn't any inf on their website about this either. Played around with app past night and thankfully am very happy with it which negates my frustration somewhat.

Cheers

I did query whether a space was required around the !. I was told by JD it is ignored. So in reality it shouldn't have made any difference.

Glad you're sorted. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi ray it certainly did make a difference but all sorted and thoroughly enjoying RC4.

Cheers

Hi Guys

First post after have purchased RC v 4.3

I have encountered the same issue as above with my "email address not found in the records"

I even let the application fill out my default email with the message text and copied it to the original (web based) email I purchased RC through.

Not sure what the deal is with it but I have sent and email to jd@jdtllc.com

Looking forward to registering and starting to learn and use RC

Cheers Dave

"We fielded a complex email issue this week that affected several RCv4 customers, for that we apologize. Having to wait days for a Registration Key is unacceptable. As of a few hours ago this problem's been resolved."

Hi guys,

Sorry to sound like the kid that can't wait for Christmas but I am really keen to solve the "improved registration" dilemma.

My main concern is to make sure that I haven't left out any steps in the process.

1. Bought RC on line via the main website

2. Received download links and confirmation of purchase

3.Installed RC onto my computer (no errors)

4.Emailed the Product Id and name using the same email I used for purchase (Failed - "unable to find email address")

5.Read the forum regarding where to put the spaces - tried 2 more variations (Failed - "unable to find email address")

6. Have emailed John (who I'm guessing like a lot of us  is busy in his "real world job") as per previous post  - waiting on his reply :)

Have I missed any steps?

I don't mean this to come across as grumpy just eagerly anticipating.

The small irony to this is that two other domestic purchases have generated automated emails quicker than I could log into my emails to check

​Looking forward to getting up and running

Cheers Dave

Occasionally distributor SWREG is late in its delivery of user e-mail address to jd by a day or two.

Since you received the registration e-mail responses about failure to find your e-mail address in the user database this might have been a problem. Using a separate e-mail to jd with the correct information and format was a correct backup.

Try again a couple of days later.

Thanks for the reply

I'll keep trying

Just might have to be patient and  open my Christmas present sometime in the New Year lol

Cheers Dave

Hi Guys,

Update - It's Christmas time.

Thanks JD -  Activation code received and I am up and running (flying)

This has been well worth the wait. I waded through all the forums regarding other ATC addons

and once I had got through all the bitter dialogue I settled on RC as the best option.

So glad I did - looking forward to hours of Flightsim immersion

Cheers Dave

ps JD hope your on the mend

Hi all

Are there any issues with the auto key process? I've been waiting about 24 hours now.  I've followed the advice on the stickeys about the correct format but i'm not getting anything back at all. not even in spam folder.

Dean Farley

Dean,

I've brought your post to the attention of John Dekker.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather