Sign in to follow this  

Hello friends, I need help.

I am trying to configure affinitymask for my processor,

I tried with values ​​62 or 63-64, FSX works for a few minutes with all cores, but then the rest stops working

attached some screenshots

Core
0 1 (first physical core)
1 2 (first logical core)
2 4 (2nd physical core)
3 8 (2nd logical core)
4 16 (3rd physical ...
5 32
6 64
7 128
8 256
9 512
10 1024
11 2048

5ddb02a1982b6e675d2ed5eb4199ce66o.jpg

1f0d8d4c9b93d496ab34265b5e0126cfo.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

FSX only uses one core for its main process. All teh othe cores do is load textures which is why they sxometimes stop.just fly teh plnae the ywill move when more teraain is loaded. FSX is NOT a multicore programme.

FSX is an old program, it doesn't do multi-core very well, it does some multithreading though. What you need is a cpu with a high IPC count (Instructions Per Clock-cycle) and Intel is the best for that. Even 90€ dual-core pentium will beat almost anything AMD has in FSX, in newer games not so much. Newer games are optimized for multi-core cpu's and this is where you get the best bang for the buck with AMD imo. I had, up until recently, an overclocked FX-6300@4,3GHz and it was a good cpu for everything EXCEPT fsx, I got stutters no matter what tweaks and settings I used. Recently I built a new PC with a Haswell i7 4770 cpu and it runs fsx like a dream. So, I bet even an Haswell i3 will be a major step up from a FX-4100.

hi sir,

too i got a fx6100

which affinitymask number for my fx6100? because im not sure to how much phsycal core have my fx6100.

regards.