Sign in to follow this  
Till

Disc will not install

I Just recieved my disc.  I have Win 7.  I clicked on the .exe file, then I extracted the files to my desktop.  However it appears that RCv43.1.bin will not extract.  It says Error 0x80004005 unexpected error.  I tried to do the setup but it stopped.  What do I need to do ??

Right click on the .exe and select run as admin. Did the .bin file get place on your desktop? Actually, I would install RC to a folder under probably the same hard drive that FS is on, but do not put it under program files.Then after it installs (with run as admin) set up a shortcut to it. For win 7 right click on the shortcut, select properties, and set run as admin but then click advanced and on that screen select run as admin (check it) the OK to go back to the first screen, click apply, then OK to exit properties.

The second run as admin is a program level, not user access level, that allows communication with windows processes in other apps. This is different than UAC - User Access Control - from previous Win versions.

One installation is complete replace the version of fsuipc and makerwys from the pinned links and rerun the RC scenery rebuild again.

ronzie, It is not working.  I right click on the exe file to run as admin. It asks me where to extract the file. It defaults to the CD drive, which won't work. I try to extract all files to the desktop and it will not extract the RCv43.1.bin file.   I think the file is corrupt.

To be clear, I just received the disc and I can't even get to the screen to ask for a registration key !

Extract the files to a folder you create on your HD such as C:\rcv4 c:\rcv4x. Is it asking what version of FS you use or install for both?

The desktop is special and might be giving you problems. Log yourself in with admin rights as well.

Another option is to send an e-mail to jd@jdtllc.com with your ordering e-mail address and request a download link if your up to that fairly large download.

Yet another option to try is to copy all of the CD files to a folder on your HD. You may have to change each of the few file properties and the folder from read only to all properties of read, write, erase, modify. The execute the .exe in that install folder with the right click run as admin. It is best not to put that under a program files hierarchy folder system.

I have sent an email to JD requesting a download link and hopefully they will reply soon. How long until they usually reply ? Another question.  I currently have FS9.   I will eventually get FSX.  If I ever get RC to install, could I install now for FS9 and then at a later time go thru the setup again and install for FSX, or should I wait and do both at the same time, once I get FSX ?

The only difference is that you will have a separate folder for FSX and FS9 since the data is different. fsuipc4 will not really install correctly without FSX being on your system. I'd hold off on installing the FSX version of RCv4x (folder that would becreated for FSX) since the install for FSX will not work correctly.

On a weekend it may take jd until Monday to reply to verify your entry in the user database.

If you reinstall on the same disk and location your existing key will work unless that disk is reformatted.

Tried the 2 suggestions you mention.  I run as admin. I extract the files to C:\RC. It gets about 3/4 thru extracting and I get an unexpected error message. It always hangs up on the RCV43-1 file.  It extracts the RCV43-0 file with no problem, but the other one is causing all the issues, even if I try to copy all the files on the disk to my HD.  Any ideas ?  I would hate to have to download if it is HUGE file, but I don't see any other option.

Send a message to jd*at*jdtllc.com about getting you another CD. Be sure you use the e-mail address you used when ordering and paste if you have it your order confirmation. Explain what is happening and include a shipping address.

It might take a day or two for response on a weekend.

i FINALLY got it to work !  I had to use 7-zip to unzip all the files. I had to do it two times, though. The first time, it gave a CRC checksum error on the file that was causing all the problems, but he second time I ran it, it unpacked all files.  For some reason, Win 7 native unzip utility did not work on it. Never had a problem before with it.  Anyway, I sent off for a registration key.

thanks

I always pkzip payware because of its many options. I also have 7-Zip as well for additional protocols.

Now that you got this far set up a shortcut to rcv4.exe, right click on it, select properties, click run as admin, click advanced, then click to check run as admin. Click OK, then Apply, Then OK and you should be set to take care of Win 7 protection on getting to your various FS related files.

Now since the distribution versions of fsuipc and makerwys are outdated, update those from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ both full and interim versions as necessary

and:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

installing makerwys.exe in your FSX folder and then running the RC Scenery Rebuild which should execute makerwys followed by some file copying and then processing.

If you get dll missing errors or error 75 please see the pinned topics.

I assume you have received your key shortly after you sent the registration e-mail. If not please see the pinned topic.

Welcome!

Now since the distribution versions of fsuipc and makerwys are outdated, update those from:

http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/ both full and interim versions as necessary

and:

http://forum.simflig...ional-programs/

installing makerwys.exe in your FSX folder and then running the RC Scenery Rebuild which should execute makerwys followed by some file copying and then processing.

Since I do not have a registered copy of fsuipc, and I currently use FS9, do I have to make these updates ?    If i do get FSX and still don't have a registered FSUIPC, do I then need them ?

The updates are for both user registered and application registered installs. It is the same version for each sim or sims whether registered or not.

Till,

buy the fsuipc license.

so many addons need pete's hook into the program that it makes very little sense to not have it.

Brett

The updates are for both user registered and application registered installs. It is the same version for each sim or sims whether registered or not.

To clarify, the fsuipc3 and fsuipc4 modules are the same for each version of fs9 (fsuipc3) or fsx\p3d (fsuipc4) whether or not you decide to get the user paid registration.

rc will register itself with fsuipc4 just like with fsuipc3.

In addition if you place the folder of rcv4x under the same parent location as your current rcv4 folder, you can use the existing rc registration key for the second version. No separate additional rcv4 license is necessary.