Sign in to follow this  
Monst3ro

Need help with navigraph

I also had a similar problem with Navigraph and the 777 . I just had installed the new data in the PMDG/NAVDATA folder, but when I started my sim the FMC still showed the AIRAC cycle that came with the plane. Looking into it, it seemed that Navigraph made a new subfolder within the NAVDATA folder called 777, and inside this were two folders with the new data, titled Navdata and Sidstars respectively. The old data was still in the basic NAVDATA folder. I deleted these, but the FMC then said that i had no nav data available. I then cut and pasted the new data and put it in the basic folder where the old data originally was and it finally worked. 

Any reason why the installation made these new subfolders even when I told the Navigraph manager just to put them in the PMDG/NAVDATA folder? Why cant the FMC recognize the new data in these subfolders? I thought this was all automatic but apparently one has to do some cutting and pasting to make it work, all the while manually deleting the old data. Is this a pretty standard procedure? Im new to updating the navigation database so I had no idea what to expect.

The PMDG FMC requires a strict set of folders containing the AIRAC NavData set. If the AIRAC for some reason does not get installed to the proper folders, then the supplier of the navdata should be notified.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Just noticed you said you installed to PMDG/NAVDATA. The install directory is the root PMDG folder and the Navigraph installer will find NAVDATA and SIDSTARS from there.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Got it. Thanks!

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2