Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado Phenom 100 Random

No fps hogging going on with mine.

In fact I'm very impressed.

Hirdy

Hirdy, how is performance compared to the MJC Dash 8? :)

Tom,

The MJC D8 is my best performer compared to the likes of PMDG T7,NGX etc and my PMDG's perform quite well. Somewhere between 25 and 30 with orbx scenery, traffic, weather etc....

I have always found the new glass carenado aircraft to perform as well as my PMDG planes. The Phenom performs great.

Hirdy

Interesting looking exterior, but then Carenado are known for the pretty make up on the outside. What I'm interested in is if anything has changed on the inside in terms of system depth and functionality?

Can I program an IFR flight plan and make use of SIDs/STARs? Does it support Navigraph/NavDataPro or does it depend on the old FSX database?

Guest Mik75

She looks beautiful, defenitely. Great pics as well!

Never liked those "bicycle handle bar" yokes. Looks so uncomfortable. About the Carenado Phenom though; I heard it's quite light on the systems modelling? 

Nice pictures, Ryan - one beautiful looking bird.

The particular paint reminds me of a classic 60's Mustang with the center line racing stripes. Just need a hood scoop to finish it up...    :lol:

That is the paint I will probably use when I purchase my copy. I already blew my April FSX/P3D budget, and must restrain myself for 24 more days.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Man, like many other, wonder how she flies ? She is a gorgeous looking bird, and great pics as well.

but then Carenado are known for the pretty make up on the outside

So then you already know that the kind of systems you mentioned are not in this, or any other, Carenado plane.

Carenado; Exceptional graphics, Mid level pricing, steady new releases, Mid Level System depth. No updatable navigation, some flight dynamics by Brent Stolle.

Sorta like Fusion power. 20 years away... and always will be.

So then you already know that the kind of systems you mentioned are not in this, or any other, Carenado plane.

I guess I fooled myself into thinking they might tweak their philosophy with jets.

Normally with FSX (+ FTXG & REX) I get 40-60FPS. Unfortunately with the Phenom 100 I get 10-25FPS. Such a beautiful model, but I suppose that's the price!