Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Version 2.2 release date info

These threads remind me of children asking it is Christmas yet.

That what I posted over on the LM forums....I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!  :-)

Ken

I am holding my head underwater   (a cup of)   :Cuppa:  at this moment until P3D V2.2 appears online

So hurry it up there LM or be responsible for my brain damage  :vava:

Might be prudent to wait and Beta test on the new NVIDIA 337.5 BETA driver first.

Cheers

Steve Hall

I am holding my head underwater   (a cup of)   :Cuppa:  at this moment until P3D V2.2 appears online

So hurry it up there LM or be responsible for my brain damage  :vava:

We are all grown up, arn't we? So we are all responsible for our own acts and ommissions ...

Might be prudent to wait and Beta test on the new NVIDIA 337.5 BETA driver first.

I totally agree: I would rather have it on Friday well tested and working with the new (some say) "mystic" driver and just working out of the box with my GTX 780 and current setup instead to have it now and need to repair any issues in the net couple of days.  

To me this seems as a mayor step in the deveolpment of P3D 2.x and I want it to be done right rather than fast!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

It is Monday in Australia so we couldn't get it before tomorrow our time.

But I too would like to try the next driver first, not that I am quite so breathless about its potential.  Just an improvement would be good.

Beta drivers are not typically supported by any software developer except the company that makes them.

It's only release drivers one needs worry about.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

They are 'release drivers' the Microsoft WHQL stamp is totally meaningless as far as games/Sims/applications go - these are not some dodgy, buggy leak. The beta label is slightly misleading, these are a proper nVidia release, simply without the MS stamp, and therefore they have to be called beta.

Developers will often recommend a beta release if it contains profiles, fixes, optimisations etc. for their game... however, it seems P3D is still not supported with this new set... if you run other games these do seem to have some worthwhile improvements though.

Nope, completely disagree... WHQL is a release driver... anything with the word BETA on it is not a release, it's a BETA. You don't get to redefine something to suit your needs, this isn't politics.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Nope, completely disagree... WHQL is a release driver... anything with the word BETA on it is not a release, it's a BETA. You don't get to redefine something to suit your needs, this isn't politics.

What a load of tosh :rolleyes:

Developers will often recommend a beta release if it contains profiles, fixes, optimisations etc. for their game...

...and they do so at their own peril.

From nVidia, regarding the standing of beta drivers:

Beta drivers are provided by NVIDIA as preview releases for quick bug fixes and access to new features. Beta drivers are under qualification testing, and may include significant issues. It is the end user's responsibility to protect system and data when using Beta drivers with NVIDIA products. It is strongly recommended that end users back up all the data prior to using Beta drivers from this site. Please ensure that newer Recommended/Certified drivers are not already posted on NVIDIA.com prior to installation and usage of Beta drivers. Beta drivers posted do not carry any warranties nor support services.

its already  7:33 pm  here in germany ...(MONDAY)  ahahahhahah i already  check prepar3d site 100 times today lol

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

...and they do so at their own peril.

From nVidia, regarding the standing of beta drivers:

They have to put this disclaimer, but that is all it is. Like some of those scary food labels regarding allergies.

The actual truth is quite different... buy, hey, use what driver you want I care not one jot... and will say no more on the subject :Whistle:

One thing... the only time nVidia have pulled a driver - that had fan speed issues -  was with a MS certified WHQL release [not BETA]... :lol:

So there you go :P

Already said - beta is beta. NVIDIA knows more than an anonymous poster..

The funny thing is that most beta GPU drivers exist at the behest of third party developers...who aren't interested in waiting for an WHQL cert when releasing new software.

AMD released an WHQL driver every month, until last year, when they finally decided it was nonsensical to spend more time waiting for certification than actually writing the drivers in the first place. (and hey, look back a few years, and it is quite obvious that overall driver quality has absolutely improved since that time.)

WHQL certification itself really doesn't mean much anyway. It is actually quite narrow in scope. The infamous card-killing nvidia driver was WHQL certified after all. The WHQL 13.9 drivers from AMD last year were a complete bust for our sims.

In the end it doesn't really matter, the status quo for GPU driver releases has definitely shifted towards frequent hotfix/beta type releases, between ~quarterly WHQL certified drivers, and for the most part, it works better this way.

...and really, what software isn't "beta" nowadays ? 

Regards,

Brian Doney