Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

SP1 relase

We aren't.

So you'll need time to test the 300ER after SP1 is finished... 

James Goggi

So you'll need time to test the 300ER after SP1 is finished... 

I won't speculate on what may or may not happen as those decisions are outside of my control while I wait patiently for information from PMDG on the expansion.

You and everyone else here shouldn't speculate based on incomplete information either.

SP1 will be released when it's finished. The 300ER is not holding it back.

This stuff takes time to make and test - we added seriously major new features and made large changes to multiple parts of the core programming. (the FBW system and go-around logic being two of those things among others)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm seriously not understanding everyone's confusion on the release schedule of the SP and 300ER.

Just because a validation team says "okay, looks good" to Project A doesn't mean Project A is going to release that minute while Project B is tested.  Since Project B depends on Project A, it may reveal previously unseen issues with Project A.  As such, you wait to release Project A while the dependent Project B is in testing.  When Project B looks okay, you plan to release both simultaneously (or at the very least A before B, as B is dependent on A).

I like how so many people just assume they know what's going on behind the scenes, or that they have intimate knowledge of project planning, particularly when it comes to software.

There's a reason people in the software industry want people to have ITIL and PMP Certs when in project planning roles.  There's a lot that goes into the decision-making that really isn't common knowledge.

Kyle Rodgers

I like how so many people just assume they know what's going on behind the scenes, or that they have intimate knowledge of project planning, particularly when it comes to software.

You mean, like you? Your attitude is quite frankly miserable. You may spend too much time here.

I don't see why prospective and/or paying customers require a demeaning lesson from you et al on a great bulk of threads. 

Cool down, folks. It isn't that serious.

You mean, like you? Your attitude is quite frankly miserable. You may spend too much time here.

Seeing that the beta team is helping in getting these two items out, yeah, I think I have a good idea of what's going on behind the scenes a lot more than others here.

...and then there's my ITIL Cert (License GR750088278KR) to cover the other part of my point.  Any other pointedly snarky questions I can help you answer?

Cool down, folks. It isn't that serious.

Statements in irony 101...

Kyle Rodgers

I repeat: Your attitude is quite frankly miserable. No further questions, your highness.

To OP: I think once you get the 77L you'll be hooked! Enjoy it! I'm quite looking forward to getting the ER, and based on my experience with the LR, I'm quite sure it will be enjoyable.

I think people are confused of the sp1's release because the 300ER is yet to enter enter the beta test. example: Once the beta phase of SP1 is finnished, we have to wait for the 300ER's beta test.

That is why it seems like it's going to hold it up.

I repeat: Your attitude is quite frankly miserable. No further questions, your highness.

It's kinda pointless to point that out and miss the point entirely. What's the point?

It's 'kinda his personality.No offence to Kyle of course

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

There's a reason people in the software industry want people to have ITIL and PMP Certs when in project planning roles.  There's a lot that goes into the decision-making that really isn't common knowledge.

...you mean PMDG implements incident, change and problem processes?  :biggrin:

...and then there's my ITIL Cert (License GR750088278KR) to cover the other part of my point.  Any other pointedly snarky questions I can help you answer?

You never cease to surprise. A true renessaince man, if I may say so myself.

btw. is it worth going for? I think it might end up useful, but I hate processes. On the other hand, that might just be because of what the Company puts me through. ###### slow tools, unnecessary bureaucracy in between. Why do I have to get approval from 4 different people to change a wallpaper?(metaphorically speaking).

Like everybody else I am waiting, but patience is needed, this is a complex plane and let the folks at PMDG get it right.

Honestly Kyle, I thought I was bad enough.

Just for once, do try and consider tact before posting. If you frequently post in such a style, it will invariably get peoples backs up.

You are your own worst enemy sometimes.

A little tract and humility goes a long way.

only if you got enough to go around

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg