Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

R66 available!

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=547

Around 2006 I met an helicopter pilot / instructor who had a full helicopter setup at home, and used X-plane ( 9 by that time, if I'm not wrong... ) to train procedures.

He had an R44 model available for that sim.

The photos look nice in this R66 !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is this real in flight dynamics?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I can't say :-(  I do not even have XP10 installed anymore :-( but it looks nice in the pics, and there are also a few youtubes available, like this one:

X-Plane 10 is plausible for helis, but apart from a couple of (not bad...) experiences, in a Hughes 300 and in an R44, I have no experience in RL helicopters :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I don't know, but I can tell you that it's far easier to fly than the Dreamfoil and default helis. So it probably isn't realistic  :lol:

I can't say :-( I do not even have XP10 installed anymore :-( but it looks nice in the pics, and there are also a few youtubes available, like this one:

X-Plane 10 is plausible for helis, but apart from a couple of (not bad...) experiences, in a Hughes 300 and in an R44, I have no experience in RL helicopters :-/

Thanks!

I don't know, but I can tell you that it's far easier to fly than the Dreamfoil and default helis. So it probably isn't realistic :lol:

So isn't very real...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

If you don't have proper helo controls why care so much about how it flies? This is how I'm starting to think... I have tons of addons but lack proper controls for many, especially helicopters. Who am I to say how one plane flies?! A guy with a different setup may think a model or more or less realistic based on his setup...

If I can fly without crashing I'm okay with that.

The DF AS350 can be quite a challenge and even the ND BK117 can mess me up while landing!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

For me, I enjoy the challenge of the harder helicopters after being introduced to them a few weeks ago. Dreamfoil's Bell 206 and R22 are a real challenge, I'm only just starting to get to grips with the B206. I'm using a Saitek X52 yoke, which isn't realistic at all, and I have no way of judging whether the flight characteristics are real or not, as I've never flown a real helicopter. I'd be really interested on hearing a real heli pilot's opinion on this :-)

The R66 feels too easy, it seems very stable, and is very easy to fly and compared to others acts very differently. It's a great looking helicopter though, and I'd still recommend it. I agree with Ryan though, if we don't have the proper controls, then neither of the helis are ever going to feel or be realistic anyway.

Is the "too easy" with or without the artificial stability on (red/blue button on the cyclic)?

Is the "too easy" with or without the artificial stability on (red/blue button on the cyclic)?

Without, I also have the sliders for stability at around 20%. 

I have nothing really to compare to, but I also have Dreamfoil's R22, and that is one "spinny/unstable" little thing and a real challenge  :P

For visuals, it's fantastic, the sound is great and it doesn't make my arms painful as the other helis do. But for a sense of achievement of doing the perfect hover and landing, it's just too easy in this heli. 

may I ask why?  I also feel like deleting it after buying P3Dv2 and more modules for DCS.  I really can't get into it lately.....it's been almost 2months I haven't touched xp10....my fsx and p3dv2 setups are simply too amazing and stable.  XP10 will probably visit my recycle bin soon :(

I can't say :-(  I do not even have XP10 installed anymore

may I ask why?

For no special reason other than, I am just resting a bit from flight simulation overall, but X-plane 10 is growing better, that's for sure, and so is P3Dv2, and DCS, and IL2, and ELITE, and PSX... Uffff

:-)

Main Simulation Rig: