Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

Does this Xplane setup make me look fat....?

Wow, can't believe, 1) That Xplane is this cool, and 2) That I could cram all this stuff onto a $20 computer stand I got at Walmart.

As to the first thing, all this stuff is Xplane, one desktop (running XPX) and a laptop (running X-HSI), and a second monitor (running X-HSI panels off main computer).

Oh, and that's Cincinnati out the windscreen.

Ive really grown to love Xplane... its smooth frame rates (on my old Dell XPS420 and Nvidia 650), and that wonderful piece of donationware, X-HSI (and yes, I did make a donation). There's just something about the depth of field that makes it feel more real. I miss photoreal scenery, but all that autogen makes it look and sense great.

And that little desk? A cheapie but with shelves and bars in all the right places to attach homemade keyboard shelf, USB hubs, power strip, etc.

With wife out of town for six weeks, I could move it out of the basement up to extra bedroom alcove. Im gonna put wheels on it, and with the way it is set up and organized, I have just one plug and I can move it anywhere.

Those switches and stuff are GoFlight products Ive had since they first came out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqoumysqk0ud567/Simpit.jpg

I couldn't get the link to open can you paste the pic directly into this thread?  I'd like to see your set up sounds creative.

RE Thomason Jr.

Ok That worked...looks nice and you're right very compact.  Nice job!

RE Thomason Jr.