Sign in to follow this  
jarhead565

A2A Cherokee Enters Beta Testing

I did a quick search around this forum and didn't see anyone bring up the fact that the A2A Piper Cherokee has been in beta testing since the beginning of March. See this post on their forums. 

I must say, after buying their 172 and seeing how it has progressed with the past updates, the Cherokee will be an instant buy for me. 

They posted this photo of the cockpit around Christmas time. It looks great!

cherokee14_lowres.jpg

Jared Listinsky

Wow, I must be out of the loop as I had no idea A2A were doing a Cherokee. Like you, I'll drop my credit card the minute it's released.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I am wondering how this one will produce ground effects compared to the 172.

I only have a little over 20 hours instruction under my belt. After doing lessons in the 172 I wanted to try the low wing PA28. I did one lesson in the PA28, just once, and on takeoff it felt like I was stuck to the ground, and on landing I couldn't get her to sit down. :D

Was it ever different than the 172.

Needless to say I never did a lesson in the PA28 again.

And that is something that FSX really lacks IMO, proper ground effects simulation. I wonder what other sim pilots think.

Yes I feel ground physics are terrible in FSX. Some devs do a nice job - like Realair with their Duke 2.0

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am wondering how this one will produce ground effects compared to the 172.

I only have a little over 20 hours instruction under my belt. After doing lessons in the 172 I wanted to try the low wing PA28. I did one lesson in the PA28, just once, and on takeoff it felt like I was stuck to the ground, and on landing I couldn't get her to sit down. :D

Was it ever different than the 172.

Needless to say I never did a lesson in the PA28 again.

And that is something that FSX really lacks IMO, proper ground effects simulation. I wonder what other sim pilots think.

I agree with you on the lack of proper ground effects simulations. I got my PPL in the 172 and it would float a little, but not as much as the A2A 172 does.

In their defense, the just released an Accu-Sim update (limited to their forum) and after testing it out for a half and hour, it has some great improvements. I can finally come in at 60 kts and land on a 3,000 ft runway without floating all the way to the end.

I have a feeling that they will make this Accu-Sim update public with the release of the Cherokee. 

Jared Listinsky

That pic looks absolutely amazing. Best VC I've seen in FSX so far.

I fly a PA28 most weekends (weather permitting) so this will be worth getting if it's modelled accurately. Love the older Cherokee models. From the look of the VC it's a sure purchase for me!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

proper ground effects simulation. I wonder what other sim pilots think.

NGX is the only airliner that seems to model this accurately. Bring her in and flare too much and you'll float till the piano keys on the other end!  :lol:

The A2A 172 also does a good with the ground effect considering in the real life 172 it isn't very significant. Presumably from the high wing? Correct me if I'm wrong -- Learned from experience with hard landings from not enough flare and low power... :P  

I fly a PA28 most weekends

Your R/L feedback would therefore be more than valuable.

I own a PA28 and this will be an immediate buy for me (but I would prefer a Prepar3D ready version). But I was on the impression that they were modeling a Cherookee 6.?

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Wow, I must be out of the loop as I had no idea A2A were doing a Cherokee. Like you, I'll drop my credit card the minute it's released.

Howard, what's the matter with you? I rely on you to keep me up to speed! FCOL!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

But I was on the impression that they were modeling a Cherookee 6.?

According to the original announcement, it was to be a PA28 with options for 160, 180 and 235.  This is the older PA28 with original "Hershey Bar" wing.

Scott

Looking good.

Was it on their Facebook page I saw somebody from A2A post some pics of a real world Saratoga and say how much they liked it? I would really like them to do that, a 6 seater would be nice.

I'll be getting the Cherokee for sure though

Mmmm... looking forward to this one!

I almost hope it stays in beta awhile yet though; my current 'want-to-buy' list is starting to get a bit long.  I've managed to buy almost nothing so far this year, but all that means is that my list keeps growing... :lol:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Nice panel, appropriate to my "1980s" era of learning to fly.  Likely purchase.  :)

This was my 2nd plane I flew when I was younger back in the late 60's. Brings back many memories. It looks like I may have to break out the card on this one.

Bob