Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Popping night lights

Does anyone get 'popping night lights' in X plane 10.25? Here is a you tube video I found showing the issue:-

Mine is not as bad as that (is further out) but it is still noticeable? 

Anyone else have this? Any cure?

Thanks

Ian

Just a shot in the dark but increasing the world draw distance from the rendering options might help.....

It could also be a hardware mismatch making things load slower......

I've tried putting the draw distance to maximum, made no difference. This is a fresh install of windows 7 on a SSD. I simply dragged my backup copy of X-plane on to it from my USB 3.0 hard drive.

Pretty weird how its happening now, I'm at a loss as to what to try next....

I assume its not supposed to be happening?

Ian

what kind of hardware are you running?  

Memory/GPU/ & processor......

I get this yes... If you fly GA it's not so bad because you're slow and low but if higher it's extremely noticeable - one of the downfalls I guess.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I get the poping night lights aswell. It's not really that bad untill you are flying at higher altitudes.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I never had popping like in the vid. Of course there is some popping but it's much less noticeable and not as "per square".

It's not nice but also not too bad - and I use only medium world draw distance. I guess it gets worse if you use extrem light settings (a lot of people use edited light settings).

Maybe 10.30 will improve this as part of the work on better long range visibility...

what kind of hardware are you running?  

Memory/GPU/ & processor......

16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 770 4GB, I5 4670K@4GHZ

And I can see now it is not just mee, so that is godo to know. Just looks like an X-plane limitation :(

Ian