Sign in to follow this  
blackbird971

Voice recognition problem v2

Still some speech recognition problems, after the methodes seen on the manual and those you guys gave me. FS2Crew has more than a hard time to recognise when I say "Climb" or "Before" and my main and biggest recognition problem is when I say "On". I need major Help ! :excl: :mad:

Hi Brandon,

Assuming there's nothing wrong with your microphone, you should easily be getting over 90 percent accuracy.

We have Japanese people who don't speak English as a first language getting good results.

1. Run the Microsoft Voice Training again.

2. Use this method:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/372413-the-new-way-to-train-the-speech-recognizer-for-specific-words-like-auto/

3. Check your microphone... maybe it's got a problem.  Sometimes users use those mics built into their laptops...  not good... you'll want to use a headset... you'll want to keep the mic away from your speakers.

4. Try speaking with an American style accent.

Cheers,

While parked at the gate, just practice saying the various phrases you're having trouble with until you see in the Green Bar.

You don't even need to fly to practice. 

Also note that "Climb" or "Before" is not accept accepted by itself.

You'd have to say the phrase as single phrase as described in the tutorial:

"Flaps Zero, I A S 1 85, Climb Checklist to the Line".

You'd need to say the whole phrase.  Not just "climb".

While parked at the gate, just practice saying the various phrases you're having trouble with until you see in the Green Bar.

You don't even need to fly to practice. 

Also note that "Climb" or "Before" is not accept accepted by itself.

You'd have to say the phrase as single phrase as described in the tutorial:

"Flaps Zero, I A S 1 85, Climb Checklist to the Line".

You'd need to say the whole phrase.  Not just "climb".

Bryan I Would never say climb and before without saying the full sentence. I said "before takeoff checklist" and it did not recognized that. Had to say "before takeoff checklist to the line". and after the takeoff checklist there are 2 things that pops up " <Takeoff Proc>" which when I call for that nothing happens but I thinks that's normal if I remember correctly and "climb" that also appears in the little box which when I also call for that it doesn't respond.

Bryan I Would never say climb and before without saying the full sentence. I said "before takeoff checklist" and it did not recognized that. Had to say "before takeoff checklist to the line". and after the takeoff checklist there are 2 things that pops up " " which when I call for that nothing happens but I thinks that's normal if I remember correctly and "climb" that also appears in the little box which when I also call for that it doesn't respond.

Hi Brandon,

You're misunderstanding the system, but don't worry, once you understand the system it's easy as pie.

What you see written in the FS2Crew Main panel, like 'Climb' or 'Takeoff Proc', those are FS2Crew Modes only.  You don't say them.

Please read the tutorial again.

What you need to say is written in Red text (when it comes to checklists and commands).

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=flows4

Cheers,

I'm sorry to bring up the bad news but the only thing that My fs2crew understands when I say "On" for like Fasten Seatbelts sign "On" is "Arm". It can clearly understand "one" but not "on" And I've tried all methods

Try saying "on" with more of an American accent.  Practice it.

And try this method for "on":

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/372413-the-new-way-to-train-the-speech-recognizer-for-specific-words-like-auto/

Or, if you ever get stuck, just say "SKIP".

Cheers,

"ON" can be very difficult to get the speechrecogniation to recognise, very often it will be taken as "ARM". In the NGX it's possible to use "SET" which is much more easy for the speechrecognition to handle, as an alternative. Perhaps something to be considered for the DASH.

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I'm English and I can never get it to recognise 'on' either, was the same in the NGX. I tried it in an American accent (or what I thought was an American accent!) Every time it recognises it as arm! I just use skip most of the time now but I will keep trying too!

Hi Bryan! I had similar issue with the ON/ARM recognition with NGX and I could not fix it on my end until a patch issued from your side. Now the ON stub is back on the Q400. I was unable to complete the checklists having ON as an answer, and the whole experience gets a bit broken. 

On the same note I would like to make a suggestion:

Sometimes there are checklist responses not being recognized, no matter how hard we try. Could you implement the NEXT ITEM (or just NEXT) command option (available with the NGX) so we can skip to the next checklist item? This way if we get stuck somewhere on the checklist we can continue without wasting too much precious time (especially when VATSIM UK ATC are waiting ^_^ ). Thanks!

[EDIT] I just noticed couple of posts above you mention the SKIP command. I guess that's the same what I was looking for. Should have looked in the manual more carefully...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Hi Martin,

Yes, you can use "skip", and on works fine with my accent.

As for "on", it's written in the speech grammar file exactly like this:

<p>on</p>

Maybe I could also include a variation like this:

<p>hone<p>

Please send me a support ticket if "on" is not detected by your accent.

I want you to test "hone".... see if that works better with some of your accents.

Cheers,

I had problems with "ON" and "ARM" and fixed them by training Windows Speech Recognition with those specific words.

One of the ways you can do this is to use the Windows speech dictation function in a word processor and then say "correct" every time it misunderstands the word/phrase, it soon learns the difference.

There are other word/phrase specific training methods detailed elsewhere in the FS2Crew forums.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I had problems with "ON" and "ARM" and fixed them by training Windows Speech Recognition with those specific words.

One of the ways you can do this is to use the Windows speech dictation function in a word processor and then say "correct" every time it misunderstands the word/phrase, it soon learns the difference.

There are other word/phrase specific training methods detailed elsewhere in the FS2Crew forums.

That's what I've been telling people to do for ages with these types of situations.