Sign in to follow this  
blackbird971

Voice recognition problem v2

Bryan, perhaps you should outline in the manual how to train Windows speech recognition with specific words (if you've not already done so, I only skimmed the manual this time as I've used other FS2Crew products for some time and the Q400 edition is working very nicely for me) or a forum sticky?

Folks might not read it initially but at least you can refer them to or copy-paste from a specific page in the manual or sticky post.

Edit: For the benefit of others, here is a link to Bryan's post about how to add specific words to the voice recognition dictionary

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/372413-the-new-way-to-train-the-speech-recognizer-for-specific-words-like-auto/?p=2353645

There is also an alternative technique using the "correct that" function when dictating in to word processors, which I detailed briefly in my previous post and Bryan outlined in the FS2Crew Voice Control manual FAQ (I hope you won't mind me copy and pasting that here, Bryan):

Speech recognition is having problems detecting certain words. Can I train the speech recognition system for "specific" words? Solution:
1. Yes, you can use the dictation facility in Windows.

2. First, start 'Windows Speech Recognition' (this is not the FS2Crew Speech Recognition system, but rather the speech recognition system that comes with Windows).

3. Open a text document.

4. Next, dictate a list of words you are having trouble with.

5. Every time the speech recognizer makes a mistake, use the "CORRECT THAT" voice command. This effectively train the speech recognition engine to recognize how you pronounce these words. You may need to dictate and correct the same words multiple times until the recognition rate improves

Using either of the above techniques should avoid the need to impersonate an American.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Bryan, perhaps you should outline in the manual how to train Windows speech recognition with specific words (if you've not already done so, I only skimmed the manual this time as I've used other FS2Crew products for some time and the Q400 edition is working very nicely for me) or a forum sticky?

Folks might not read it initially but at least you can refer them to or copy-paste from a specific page in the manual or sticky post.

Edit: For the benefit of others, here is a link to Bryan's post about how to add specific words to the voice recognition dictionary

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/372413-the-new-way-to-train-the-speech-recognizer-for-specific-words-like-auto/?p=2353645

There is also an alternative technique using the "correct that" function when dictating in to word processors, which I detailed briefly in my previous post and Bryan outlined in the FS2Crew Voice Control manual FAQ (I hope you won't mind me copy and pasting that here, Bryan):

Using either of the above techniques should avoid the need to impersonate an American.

I've done that loads of times and I'm farely smart to knowhow to google and look for information on how to make my accent sound better but it clearly and will never work, all it's hearing it's "arm" instead of "on" so I'm going to try and test the "hone" thing and see if it works, I'm also going to try and send a ticket so that I could have more support. Please next time keep in mind that some of us have tried everything, and I mean everything before posting what not sort of feedback.

Cheers mates. Will give you feedback on the "hone" thing Bryan.

I also have problems with differentiating between arm and on (I am English).

I have used the "add to dictionary technique" which seemed to work successfully when tested in notepad, but still have problems when used in the sim.

Could it be that the processor is so busy with FSX that it struggles to allocate sufficient resource to the word recognition? (I admit that I am not an expert in this, but I see that my FSX CPU is bouncing off 100%, is it possible to allocate the speech recognition task to another CPU?)

Could changing arm to armed be another option? The D on the end may help the recognition aspect? 

Thanks Byan for 'the on/arm stuff' for V1.3... I'll give a try with the word processor technique and 'correct that' this weekend... so far impossible to recognize on with FS2crew.

I hope when I say hone the FO won't push the horn button...

El Aeropayo
Paco GALINDO

pmdgbanner2_zps5157ad06.jpg

Thanks Byan for 'the on/arm stuff' for V1.3... I'll give a try with the word processor technique and 'correct that' this weekend... so far impossible to recognize on with FS2crew.

I hope when I say hone the FO won't push the horn button...

In 1.3, you can used "Armed" ... note the 'd'.... and "hone".... I tried said 'on' with a fake British accent and it detected fine as "hone".