Sign in to follow this  
airlinerpilot

How many FPS do you get in your Fsx?

Hello,

After allot of research I have discovered that most people seem to play FSX at 30FPS. For a while now I have been chasing 60FPS. As in Fs2004 I get 60FPS on the highest setting, with loads of add-on's and high traffic levels.

My system can run FSX perfectly fine on 30FPS but when I'm not in a demanding area of the game I can keep a stable 60FPS. Sadly traffic robs my frame rates. I am just interested in what would you say is the best frame rate to play the game at? I wish FSX would run as perfectly as my FS2004 would but that doesn't appear to be a possibility with any type of hard ware. Thanks for reading.

Anything above 30 you won't really notice a difference in compared to 30fps. At high demanding airports I get between 20 and 30fps with rain and heavy weather in the PMDG 777 with 60% AI traffic. When in flight at cruise altitude I get between 50 - 116fps on exterior and a maximum of 80fps in the flight deck.

Why are people so obsessed with their frame rates?

Also, FS04 and FSX are two very different programs and any comparison between the two is pretty useless.

Get FSX looking like you want it to look and turn off the FPS display. Fly and quit trying to chase the FPS numbers.

• Upvote 1

I can honestly state I haven't looked at my FSX frame rates in over three years. Having cast the frame-rate obsession monkey off my back, I long ago locked my internal FSX frame rate at 30 and never looked back. I'm more than happy with a smooth-running sim irregardless of some arbitrary benchmark. Stop chasing your tail and enjoy what you have!

I agree FPS doesn't matter it's actually smoothness that does. Either way, w/out traffic I sit around 40 FPS but with I get about 25-30.

• Upvote 1

I lock at 27 and adjust the sliders when frame rates get bad. With Orbx scenery I can slide them half way down and don't miss anything. When I let Fsx do a new config I just go flying and enjoy the smoothness. Aren't you tired of tweaking all the time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reece

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Already been beaten to death  this subject,  don't know why  people are so worried about the fps  for

• Upvote 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes, I also never look at my frame rates.

JerryF

For FSX, it's not about your frame rates, it's about smoothness. Going to reiterate what someone else said on another post, it's about weather you're content with the smooth factor and if it feels responsive enough. From there on, I tweak my settings to fit my preferences. 

Alot of people think that setting the FPS limit to unlimited will give you the best frame rates. This is not true. It can cause the frame rate to jiggle up and down, so it'll seem jittery when let's say you're approaching V1 on takeoff.

Even then, it's still about smoothness really.

I get 7,132,047 FPS.

Some times a cloud comes by and it drops to 7,132,044 FPS.

I think I'll try a reinstall and see if the FPS return to normal.

Since when did it become a contest? :wacko:

I'm simply asking what frame rates you guys get. I just think it's a shame that FSX is really juddery compared to FS9. Fsx with the frames and smoothness i get in Fs9 would be a dream come true. 

I just think it's a shame that FSX is really juddery compared to FS9

If it is juddery then you have a problem somewhere in your setup.

FSX is smooth as glass here, more than FS9 ever was.

Alot of people think that setting the FPS limit to unlimited will give you the best frame rates. This is not true. It can cause the frame rate to jiggle up and down, so it'll seem jittery when let's say you're approaching V1 on takeoff.

well, it's dependent on a lot of factors. i get significantly better framerates with unlimited and never use a limiter. i also know some people say they can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 but for me it's night and day, guess i just play too many videogames lol.

cheers

-andy crosby

You should be able to get a smooth 30fps.  If its continually stuttering something is wrong with your system or some of your sliders are too far right or your trying to use some settings that are killing performance.  Even with the latest hardware you need to watch your settings to get everything smooth.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I know I'll sound like a grumpy old man, so forgive me, but any talk of comparisons are a complete waste of time without some kind of cfg/slider settings benchmark so to allow a like-for-like comparison. Asking someone what kind of framerate they get is useless without knowing what all their FSX settings are, their cfg tweaks, monitor resolution and flying scenario.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776