Sign in to follow this  
Dutchbirdy

Getting into X-Plane 10

Hello people!

I've bin wondering all the time, shall I go to X-Plane or stay with FSX, but X-Plane is pulling every week harder to come in and make it your default sim.

Many people say(think) that X-Plane dynamics are bad, but so far I know are the X-Plane dynamics a way-way better than FSX, X-Plane feels bigger and that is what I love, in real life you feel small if you see a Fokker 70 in front of your nose, but if you go to FSX you don't think about it you can't feel how huge it actually is but in X-Plane you do feel that for some reason.

Yesterday I've cancelled a flight in FSX because I want so bad fly in XP10 but than I miss something again but I don't know what I've walked around for an good hour thinking this sim or the other, till now I don't know so I post now a topic to give me a kick back to just wait and stay with FSX for a while or give me a kick forward and go to X-Plane 10 and don't cry just go with the flow.

What do you prefer between those 2 FSX or X-Plane 10?

Thank you very much!

Please keep it nice :)

Well, for me personally, I prefer X-Plane, simply because the visuals look so much nicer, and I'm developing software for it. I like how the file formats are fairly open, it's easy to modify and play with, and it's 64 Bit, so I don't have to worry about running out of memory. Plus, it's being actively developed, and it's possible to interact with the developers, etc..

...But, just use both. There is absolutely no reason to stop using FSX if you install X-Plane. Both have their merits and downsides, and you are the best judge of which is better or not (Nobody can tell you otherwise). It depends on what you like doing, the types of aircraft you like.  For some reason, people think a flight simulator is like a marriage, and using the other is forbidden :D. I have 5 sims installed (X-Plane 10, FSX, P3D, FlightGear and AeroflyFS). I like them all.

The thing is you don't have to choose one over the other.

Why don't you just install X-Plane 10 and "not" uninstall FSX? It's not one OR the other. I have both sims in my machine and I use them both. 

Geez, sometimes it seems to be kind of a religion with flight sims: Are you christian or muslim? I'm christan AND muslim, what's the problem?

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

As the others said above, why not keep both sims? No harm in using both, depending on what you want to do (because each sim does some things better than the other).

Also, have you tried Prepar3D 2.0?

Thank you for your opinion tonywob! That is true just use all of them! I also developing for XP10 in Blender a 737 but I'm still in early progress however I found out that X-Plane feels real it feels good! I've made a video about wingflex, people say wingflex in XP10 is ugly but It's realistic. I go with the flow and use XP10 more often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGP5be8_rw

@ChaoticBeauty, Yes I did try P3D I've bought it, and update 2.2 looks promising. But I will FSX replace soon with P3D because I feel home in FSX and P3D is almost the same but with new stuff. :)

What I absolutely love about X-Plane 10 is night lightning in general, but particularly airport lightning. Every major road is there (out of the box), it's amazing. The lightning plus the fact that the airports are not flat just give it a really realistic look. I'm kind of a night-flyer and am really impressed. Of course, you'd need HDR on and "Lots" of objects to see this kind of lightning. Also the 757 by FlightFactor behaves so good in the air. To me it's top notch. 

As far as flying environment is concerned, I believe XP10 is much better. But then again, on FSX you have PMDG's 777, A2A's C172, Majestic's Dash-8, Level-D's 767 and so on and so forth.

Bottom line, I use both. If I want to fly the 757 on VATSIM I use X-Plane 10, if I want to fly the 777 on IVAO I use FSX :) (not that you can't fly XP on IVAO, it's just that I was lazy and only installed one client per sim)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

^^TRUTH^^ I Have and Actively enjoy......

X-Plane

P3D V1.4

DCS World

IL2*BOS

IL2 Cliffs of Dover T.F Modified.

XPlane and DCS World have Amazing Helicopter Flight Modeling if you're into Helo's.It's a fantastic time to be a Flight Simmer again,like back in the late 90's.Why limit yourself to just one?Just choose your add-ons wisely and with-in your budget. 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thank you all for your opinions! I will never throw one of my sims away. I will today make a long haul in X-Plane 10 with the 757 from LSZH to HKJK to test it all out. If this flight is a flight without problem then I mean simulator problems like crashes or other stuff, I will use X-Plane 10 more.

XPlane and DCS World have Amazing Helicopter Flight Modeling if you're into Helo's.It's a fantastic time to be a Flight Simmer again,like back in the late 90's

+1, X-Plane does a great job with helicopters. Helicopters are pretty new to me, and I like them because they're great for getting up close and personal with the scenery I'm generating, and also a real challenge to fly correctly.

I have had "Oh, my gosh" moments with both simulators (not a game) at times, but with X-Plane, it's not when it crashes to the desktop!

John

John Wingold

Yep - as above. Both :)

Why not? I'm in between computers at the moment but fair to say the decider of what sim is the aircraft. These are fantastic times for aircraft choice - embrace them.

When I get installed again, My first few months I expect to fly FSX for the 777

Then for some good old stick and rudder the FF 757 in x-plane to maybe relive some good old holiday routes.

And one more thought the 737 by IXEG when released. And another season of holiday routes in the PMDG 737 NGX with SP2 when released (it's fantastic as is btw and my only reason for not flying is I've done over a 100 flights in her....)

Don't worry - just do it!

Hope this helps

Edited by blocks_off