Sign in to follow this  
WotanUK

License deactivation

Hello,

I know i've been around a while and should know the answer to this...but, is there a way to de-register your PMDG products?  I am about to format my machine (i like to do this twice a year or so) and i don't want to ask Ryan for another activation.  So i was wondering if PMDG has a method of de-registering the aircraft, much like the DCS system?

Thanks

Ian R Tyldesley

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but I think that properly uninstalling the product through control panel for example, is the way to do it

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Thanks for your reply Alex, i'll give it a go, i guess the worst that will happen is Ryan will get another email asking for an activation.  :rolleyes:

Ian R Tyldesley

Deregister via FMC, not uninstallation.

I think deactivation trough FMC is only possible with NGX and 777, not with the older ones.

Mikael Leinonen

Bah...not to worry, i'll email Ryan once i have spend the day reinstalling FSX and the various add-on bits! 

Ian R Tyldesley

Hi all,

Sorry to jump on this thread but it's a similar question about deactivation.  My only difference is that yesterday my HD with FSX on it decided to visit the HD graveyard.  I've got all the install files etc backed up so its not an issue that way but I have no way of deactivating my license.  Is it a case of just reinstall once I get a new HD and then email PMDG or is there an official channel I should be using?

Thanks.

Dean Farley

Just install everything again into new HD and activate them. If you run out of activations then you have to contact PMDG support.

But remember to clean every Windows registry marking that relates to FSX that you had on your dead HD before you install FSX again to a new HD...

Mikael Leinonen

This is an interesting topic as I'm just about to make the move from a  1st Generation Intel Q6600 to a Haswell and I too wondered about the ed-activation procedure. Luckily for the PMDG MD-11 and the 747-400, I have the disks, so thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.