Sign in to follow this  
GrizRod1

PMDG 777 Will Not Descend To Land On Auto Cruise

I was just trying to make the point that most anything can have a error or two, if one wants to look hard enough, and is that comment going to be helpful.

Keep up the good work, I really liked your video.

Fair point.  Thanks!  Feel free to PM if you spot anything.

Kyle Rodgers

(...)

Olli4740, I noticed my AUTO CRUISE kicked off when my AUTO TIME COMPRESSION stopped by itself right before T/D. I wonder if that is normal.

I'm not sure about that: I've seen the compression kicking out and back in, but the "general" auto cruise mode would remain engaged all the time.

Fair point. Thanks! Feel free to PM if you spot anything.

Thanks Kyle, also Michael, and olli4770.

I think I compounded my problems by adding scenery after a successful landing at Dubai with the addition of Fly Tampa-Dubai Rebooted and Aerosofts Maldives. Been turning down my GTX550TI settings, loading only the necessary scenery from FSX, but I've flown three flights and get a CTD right before T/D or a little earlier everytime.

Hopefully my new GTX770 4GB OC arriving today will solve the problems , so far nothing is working that I've tried on the Crash To Desktop Guide. I will let you know .

I'm not sure about that: I've seen the compression kicking out and back in, but the "general" auto cruise mode would remain engaged all the time.

Update:

Just did the cruise and descent phase with auto-cruise engaged. It didn't kick off (clock remained green), but time acceleration would go on and off as necessary (changes in heading and/or vertical speed). So I cannot confirm your findings of auto-cruise switching off 'completely'.

Thanks Kyle, also Michael, and olli4770.

Thanks for adding your name to your posts.

Popped the GTX 770 in , same deal CTD right before T/D Top of Descent. I guess I've got to get Aersofts "Maldive" folder out of there along with the Fly Tampa Duibai Rebooted, tried disabling Maldives and the 777 is in the grass, no runway. I have the UIAutomation. dll, the PMDG version, I hear there's two versions. Oh well, may get it after awhile. Sure getting an education on the inner workings of a computer. :Shocked: