Sign in to follow this  
tyron2000

Poor FSX peformance?

Lol, I was kind of shocked there that you found a way to not reinstall after changing mobo and processor to intel haha. 

Back to reality: To start with I would advise to set HT off in the bios and then set affinity mask to 14. FSX doesnt utilise HT and if u turn it off your temps will come down a bit.

Secondly, did you empty your shader folder? After installing a new card, you need to do so. Go to this location and delete the folder called shaders (or shaders10 if using dx10) /Users/"Your name"/AppData/Local/Microsoft/FSX/Shaders & Shaders 10.

For the moment I would suggest to either get rid of your buffer pools, or to get rid of your settings in the section and just add: usepools=0 as your current settings there make no sense. You can't set it up for pool size of 0 with a reject threshold.  I suggest you read up on that tweak before implementing it, because if you go the other way and set poolSIZE=an actual size, with a threshold, you will need to do extensive testing to find the right setting for you.

Do you have a traffic add-on? If so, what are your traffic sliders set to? 

Just to check, you did install win 7 X64 right?

Lastly, you must have realistic expectations. A system that can "blow out FSX" does not exist. When using add ons, we must still compromise a lot on performance, even if you have the best system in the world. 

He's got PMDG 777 and Gatwick, it's a losing battle. He should have done the clean install of FSX with no addons and then get it working optimally. Then slowly addon and introduce subsequent tweaks as needed. Your missing a golden opportunity to do it right. Research the various major guides and stick with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Lol, I was kind of shocked there that you found a way to not reinstall after changing mobo and processor to intel haha. 

Actually you can.

With an Windows XP install I no longer use, I went from a 1 GHz Athlon, to the P4 HT 3.4 , to the Athlon II x3 2.7, to the Core 2 Quad without issues.

All you need to do is uninstall every driver so windows is using only default Microsoft drivers before you actually change the hardware out, then install all the new drivers on next boot. As long as you didn't miss a driver, it will boot into windows. (Actually, uninstalling all graphics drivers and software before upgrading cards, even when using the same company or even the same card series, it also a good idea)

On topic, Gatwick is pretty hard on FPS, especially with higher end aircraft. Nothing really you can do about it.

Ok, Just un-installed FSX and add-ons and re-installed FSX with add-ons and now working perfectly with both addon-ons. Very smooth 30+ FPS now at Gatwick with PMDG 737.

Must be an issue with FSX keeping settings or something from the old GPU?

Any how, all sorted. Thanks for replys! :)