Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

FMC LSK?

Anyone tell me how/why I've lost the capability to select the FMC from the FO FMC.  Is it restorable without a restart?

FMC.jpg

You are using wrong FMC.  777 has three.  Shift+2, Shift+3 and Shift+4.  The last one has limited functionality to crew only. :-)

If you look at the F/O FMC in VC, do you see it there?

If not, then you have a failure (SINGLE FMS OPERATION).

Best regards,

Robin.

ARGH! OK... I call it an FMC, because the CDU is merely the input/display device to MULTIPLE systems.

I'm a software developer, and I don't say "I'm programming my keyboard" when I mean "I'm programming the computer", so I don't say "I'm programming the CDU" when I mean "I'm programming the FMC". It is nonsense.

Best regards,

Robin.

A CDU is one of the interfaces that a human can use to communicate with the FMS.

The FMS is made up of several FMC's and CDU's, and can output data to the CDU Screen &Navigation Display, and receives information from the ADIRU, and MCP in addition to the FMC's.

A CDU contains a keyboard and a screen.

I'm a software developer, and I don't say "I'm programming my keyboard" when I mean "I'm programming the computer", so I don't say "I'm programming the CDU" when I mean "I'm programming the FMC". It is nonsense.

Sure you are programing your FMC, not your CDU, and your computer, not your keyboard.

But you either look at your one monitor, or at your other monitor, not at your one computer, or at your other computer.

I have no idea why you're discussing what is or isn't an FMC.  That was never my question.

Can we please close this thread.

Because incorrect use of specific terms creates problems.

-Hello, IT

-My internet doesn't work!

-What do you mean, doesn't work?

-Well I click on the new Internet, the colorful one, instead of the old one, the orange and blue one, and it doesn't work! It won't open Facebook!

Expect that's not your internet that isn't working, it's the browser, and even then, browser works fine, the company just decided to block Facebook.

ehm.

rMxocB3.jpg

Some people just want to see the world burn (and no not the sim world)

How down south can this thread go ;-) ?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Hate to burst bubbles but real line pilots refer to it as both the CDU and the FMC.

So nobody is right.

@Op: only one of the cdu's doesn't have fmc capability, and it's the one next to the radios.

Your screenshot shows that one. You either hit the wrong keyboard shortcut or something rebound your keys.

Check your mappings.

Hate to burst bubbles but real line pilots refer to it as both the CDU and the FMC.

So nobody is right.

@Op: only one of the cdu's doesn't have fmc capability, and it's the one next to the radios.

Your screenshot shows that one. You either hit the wrong keyboard shortcut or something rebound your keys.

Check your mappings.

So... do they refer to the CDU that doesn't have FMC capablity the "FMC"?

Hi This FMC has access to everything except the FMC.

Bit like calling a Glider a Prop-jet. Because it doesn't have Propellers or Jets.

Anyway, I'd like to see what the First Officers CDU/FMC/FMS/Screenythingwithkeyboardnearleftknee looks like in the Virtual/3d cockpit as well, then we would know for sure which FMC/CDU/FMS/not-MCDU we are looking at in the context of what is surrounding it.

So... do they refer to the CDU that doesn't have FMC capablity the "FMC"?

Hi This FMC has access to everything except the FMC.

Bit like calling a Glider a Prop-jet. Because it doesn't have Propellers or Jets.

Anyway, I'd like to see what the First Officers CDU/FMC/FMS/Screenythingwithkeyboardnearleftknee looks like in the Virtual/3d cockpit as well, then we would know for sure which FMC/CDU/FMS/not-MCDU we are looking at in the context of what is surrounding it.

I have no idea what they call that one.

Find a line pilot and ask him/her.