Hi All,

Just before I go ahead and purchase, can I run it past someone please?

I am based in the UK so this type of deal may sound familiar.

Intel i5 4670K 6MB overclocked to 4.2ghz

Corsair H80 hydro with single SPL120L fan

Asus Z87K

2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz

2GB EVGA 770 

If this sounds ok so far, could I ask for a further comment on the PSU

550W Corsair RM modular silent 80plus gold (there is the cheaper 600W bronze but if i'm hoping to go with the lowest power but best quality psu that i need)

finally .... need a case recommendation please. i'll have no more than 3 hard drives (absolute maximum) and 1 ssd.

Just to add - planning to use for FSX for the 777 737 with very few add ons. ASN maybe FTX global at some point. X-plane with the iexg 737 when released. maybe the 757 too....

Thanks

editted to add simulators.

Corsair H80 hydro with single SPL120L fan

Not my favourite cooler. I would go for the Thermaright Archon SB-EX2.

550W Corsair RM modular silent

550W is theoretically adequare for your needs. However, with future expansion in mind, and capacitor degradation if the sytem is to be kept long term, I prefer to go a little higher. 650-750W would be great.

finally .... need a case recommendation please

The new Corsair 450D.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/obsidian-series-450d-mid-tower-pc-case

The Corsair 750D

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/obsidian-series-750d-full-tower-atx-case

The new, soon to be available Corsair Graphite 760T

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/graphite-series-760t-arctic-white-full-tower-windowed-case

The soon to be available corsair Graphite 730T

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/graphite-series-730t-full-tower-case

I have the 750D - I wouldn't recommend it

Why?

USB 3 pass through cables still (unless they finally got rid if those and got the front panel headers)

Crap fan controller

Side panel bows out even with good cable management.

I'd recommend the Corsair C70

550w with that specific model will be fine. Be cautious if you decorate your case with lights and add another GPU or plan to have a lot of hard drives.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have the 750D - I wouldn't recommend it

Why?

USB 3 pass through cables still (unless they finally got rid if those and got the front panel headers)

Crap fan controller

Side panel bows out even with good cable management.

I'd recommend the Corsair C70

Ryan, You are getting mixed up. You don't have the have the 750D! This is the new 750D... not the old 650D.

If you think the 750D has a pass through cable you don't have the 750D.

It doesn't have a pass through cable, it's a brand new design. In addition, the 750D doesn't have a fan controller at all.

You are comparing two completely different case designs.

The 750D is an excellent case with the latest features. I have a friend who has one.

Yep that's right... Haven't looked at that one yet... C70 looks good though!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks very good.

Instead of the h80 cooler, go with the h80i model, to have better control of the fans, but you are most likely already talking about the h80i.

Unlike some ppl say, it is a very good cooler, especially for that price. I have had several air and liquid coolers, and this is by far the nicest one so far.

Power wise I would do the opposite of you, get a decent one but high wattage. Just to make sure you have enough juice for a stable overclock and high end video card, and to be future proof. You can get a pretty decent cooler master 725w psu for about 80 bux or so, so in the uk should be about 40 to 50.

For the case, some ppl go overboard and spend 400 on it, I personally just select the cheapest one that has the correct measurements to support a large video card and whatever amount of drives I need, and also has some options to mount fans.

You should be able to get a decent case for less than 40 to 50 if you take some time.

so in the uk should be about 40 to 50

Seriously... do not buy a PSU for a mere 50 quid. quality PSU from the likes of corsair, seasonic etc, is advisable.

The H80i is £74. For a mere £59, the Thermalright Archon SB-EX2, cools better and is quieter. With zero chances of water leaks.

Hi Martin,

Not able to find this cooler in the UK. Do you have a link please (as you mention £s)?

This bundle also lets me choose Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced.

Thanks

Nm I can't read.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hi Martin,

Not able to find this cooler in the UK. Do you have a link please (as you mention £s)?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermalright-Archon-SB-E-X2-Fan/dp/B00ADTOKPO/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397220941&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Thermalright+Archon+SB-EX2

As with any cooler... DO check the dimensions and make sure it fits in your enclosure.