Sign in to follow this  
ruemenapp21

Can You Enter A Route?

How do you enter a SID and STAR in the phenom. It's not doing what I expect to see. I'm a RW with a fair amount of G1000 and GNS430 time. I can't figure out how to enter anything other then direct to and then enter each waypoint after that entry. This is what I though SHOULD happen http://www.flyhpa.com/2010/10/ifr-flight-plans-g1000/

again I could be missing something....

How do you enter a SID and STAR in the phenom. It's not doing what I expect to see. I'm a RW with a fair amount of G1000 and GNS430 time. I can't figure out how to enter anything other then direct to and then enter each waypoint after that entry. This is what I though SHOULD happen http://www.flyhpa.com/2010/10/ifr-flight-plans-g1000/

again I could be missing something....

Unfortunately, the Carenado G1000 is weak and they do need to pump it up to at least the level of the F1 G1000 simulation which is old sim technology.

For this situation, I use the FSX Flight Planner to develop flight plans or like you indicated. A bitter pill to swallow for such a great LOOKING aircraft.

Sorry for the bad news :-)

Cheers!

Unfortunately, the Carenado G1000 is weak and they do need to pump it up to at least the level of the F1 G1000 simulation which is old sim technology.

For this situation, I use the FSX Flight Planner to develop flight plans or like you indicated. A bitter pill to swallow for such a great LOOKING aircraft.

Sorry for the bad news :-)

Cheers!

That's alirght. I guess I'll use pfpx to import sids and stars.

Yeah I'm using Reality XP GNS530W for my entries and then using linkgps to get the fixes displayed on the PFD/MFD.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Aivlasoft EFB running on a 2nd computer or via remote desktop from the second computer to an iPad works very well.  Keeps me from complaining (usually), though I'm always disappointed when G1000's don't model features to a great degree.  I'm enjoying the Phenom even though I manage the flight plan separately.

Why doesn't carenado partner with a company to make a g1000 that works and don't kill fps

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Real shame,

No purchase for me then.

Kind Regards,

Sean McCormack
FPSPLAYERS.COM

Game and Voice Servers

As others have said, it does not use sids & stars or at least I cannot get it to work with them. Sadly I purchased it and for me is a dud, looks nice my frame rates are reasonabl (maxed out), and fly's okay, but i need that navigation system to work. Some one before me posted the that the old Flight 1 G1000 is fairly old hat and they have not even reached that standard. The documentation is the poorest I have come across as yet. The fact that i have had along break from FSX and just getting into the swing of things again I was lucky that I had print outs of my old Flight1 Mustang, not the same but got me going once more.

On a positive note . I like the Aircraft and would easily recommend it for someone who wants to fly around a little and enjoy themselves. You will get far more assistance here and YouTube than at their website, sadly, not for me though and wasted money.

I will be repurchasing the Flight1 Mustang, sad that I have not seen much advance in quality in the Business Jets since my break. If anyone can point me in good direction, please do, Not Eaglesoft though. -:)

Regards Peter 

PS, if I had been smart enough to read the Avsim forums I would not have bought it, so down to me.

I have several aircraft which do not offer direct entry of SIDs and STARs. But since I purchased the outstanding EFB from Aivlasoft, I don't have this problem any longer. With all those aircraft I normally do the flight planning right in this EFB with SIDs and STARs and simply transfer the data to FSX. Aivlasoft EFB is based on Navigraph Airac or Aerosoft database. It's not cheap but actually improves the value of most aircraft and I consider it as one of my very best FSX addons. But Aivlasoft offers a fully-functional 30-day trial version.

Felix