Sign in to follow this  
FS++

Make sure you read the Avsim news

Read and downloaded the Demo. As to how immersive and interactive ala FS2Crew remains to be seen

Read and downloaded the Demo. As to how immersive and interactive ala FS2Crew remains to be seen

They are not the same product. MCE was originally a voice control program for FSX and FS9 where you could control aspects of the simulator via voice, for example zoom in or out, speed up rate of simulation, pause, etc and it gave a way of controlling certain aircraft.

Now it has evolved even more, it is not a rigid program where you see the same thing again and again and the responses from the crew are exactly the same again and again. You can create your own checklists, flows and procedures, skip any you dont have time for, shut down the voice engine without crashing yoir flight and restart the voice engine if you so wish, tell your FO to handle ATC comms if using FSX ATC or RC4. It also uses very little of fsx's precious resources because it works outside of the sim and doesnt change your panel config or anything in your aircraft.

Best still, it works really well side by side with any program, RC4, FS2SCREW, etc. I am really enjoying the creativity it gives. And the one program supports several add ons, which is great value. Did my first flight in the 707 last night, great fun, but I am already used to 3 man crew as MCE fully supports the Simcheck A300.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Thanks for that insight into MCE. Worth a look.

Thanks for that insight into MCE. Worth a look.

Keep in mind MCE's target is NOT to simulate you sitting in an airline flight. It is to give you as much voice control as possible over all aspects of the flight sim.

This now involves checklists and flows. You have a wide range of voicew to choose from, it ships with two, you can download several more from their website. My favourites are Andy and Clive.

If you want further insight, check out Dave Herky's videos on YouTube, absolutely amazing what he can achieve, down to a conversation with the first officer about the weather!

Takes a while to get used to the functionality, but I found it well and truly worth it, great fun.

I was rather bored with Flight Simulator a couple of years back. Just flying from A to B in certain aircraft that presented no challenge to fly. Then there were the "advanced" "Study" sims, some of which require a first officer, if you wish to fly them as a "study" simulation and not a "Toy".

I thought, what am I trying to achieve here? I fly a 737/MD11/707 alone? :unsure: This is either a simulation or a game? For myself I did not require a "game". I required a simulation.

So I discovered that to achieve a high fidelity simulation, that allows personal scripting of flight flows/procedures, according to your own skills, education and experience, the answer was MCE!

A small highly skilled team of developers producing an add on that, quite frankly, makes Flight Simulator as real as it gets, this side of a multi million pound Boeing simulator. :rolleyes:

My latest video is here.  No I don't work for anyone any more. This is my hobby in my retirement!

Best Regards
David

Wow David, I have to try some of that in my next flight!

Another creative "plus" for MCE is the ability to add to or refine any flows you may have scripted, or that have come prepared for the aircraft model.

Naturally one should stick to the aircraft manual for real world flows, otherwise its not a simulation anymore, more an approximation!

This feature of MCE is one (of many) reason(s) its so compelling.

Fly a route in your chosen aircraft and just see how many extra features you can add and alter to enhance the simulation!

I recently re scripted the conversation flows with the flight attendants. Nothing major here, but making the voice interaction sound accurate was very satisfying and needed only a few pauses and tests "in flight".

I know of no other program that allows this.

With the functions available from the MCE program, its a powerful tool. The adaptability of the Vox Script engine to make flows come alive is a hobby in itself. B)

Best Regards

David

P.s

Putting the 'program FMC' and pulling the yoke back for takeoff, aside, you can  do all the things until touch down by only voice commands