Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Video Display Issue - Frame Rates

weather radar maybe? 

A quick question, does everyone here try the 'load a light aircraft before loading a heavy one' thing?  I always thought it was BS until I followed the doc advise in the F1-B200 always loading an 'easy on the computer' default mission.  It's supposed to save your memory (which I haven't specifically tracked) but does 'appear' to give me a better experience loading an aircraft in and changing scenery that otherwise.

Ok I'm just confirming I have the same issue.. As soon as I take off I get a fluctuation of 40-9-40-9fps??

Awful to fly with these stutters, not happy! I checked by reloading another aircraft (actually the B200 by CARENADO) and my frames rates were restored to a consistent 60fps.

What's going on Carenado??

I get the same thing I'll be at my locked 30 FPS in p3dv2 sitting still but once I hit 80 its down to 14-16 then once I get some alt its back up to my locked 30 and the same thing happends on decent just not as severe I go from 30 down to the low 20's and high teens.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I thought the glass cockpit (three screens.... does the TBM have three as well?) was a factor, too, but you can turn them off completely with a hidden click-spot in the near-upper-left-hand corner of the black bezel, but will still get such momentary fluctuations. So either they're still running even when not writing displays to the screen, or there's some sort of glitch somewhere that needs to be reported and corrected.

It's quite intermittent with me; I've taken off at night with heavy ORBX NCA scenery from KSFO without frames dipping below 24fps, ever, but been in other scenarios where I see the glitch.

The middle MFD does keep live, real-time tracking of air traffic. I first discovered this to my delight with the Cirrus SR22 incarnation, it works the same way in all subsequent Carenado G1000s, and it may be a factor. It's a very useful overhead utility to see how dense the traffic is in your FSX airspace, and the vectoring of the planes near you will coincide with the aircraft ATC warns you about and you see passing, and near traffic will set off that annoying voice warning until they're a certain distance away from you, which I believe is configurable in one of the many functioning AUX sub-pages of the MFD. That traffic-tracking may impose a momentary load on the system depending on how heavy it is, until it all settles down. That'd be my best guess.

Guess what, I had the same frames issue as u guys, jumping between 40 and 6 fps, I tried the easiest thing and unchecked the high quality 3d cockpit in the Fsx graphics options menu. Now the phenom keeps a stable 30fps and finally I was able to do my first regional flight in IVAO...of course the readability of the gauges is reduced but I don't care so much since I'm using the Saitek FIPs ....cheers

niko

Okay so did some tests of frame rates on my system.  First, hw/settings info:

hw: i3770K 3.5GHz 16GB 2400XMP RAM ASUS mobo Nvidia 680GTX card

Prepar3Dv2.2 settings: FXAA on, MSAA 2 samples, HDR on, Anisotropic 16, 4096x4096 Texture Resolution; 1920x1080x32 single display; Scenery: lod radius High, Tesellation Factor High, Mesh Resolution 5m, Texture Resolution 7cm, Land Detail Textures on, Scenery Complexity Extremely Dense, Autogen vegetation and building Very Dense;Water Detail High, Reflections Clouds and User Vehicles, Special FX medium; Lighting: Shadow Map Count Ultra, only Object Shadow Cast Distance set, to 6,000m,Internal and External Vehicle Receive only (no Cast).

Screenshots with embedded fps in RED, top left, as usual:

I4AK3.jpg

ylKWf.jpg

9601G.jpg

TFAXE.jpg

bjPZv.jpg

cLYz.jpg

xqBnS.jpg

usm7Q.jpg

I have ORBX FTX Global, Vector 1.1 installed, along with REX4 Texture Direct with P3D DX10 textures as well (in this case REX Weather is not running in the background, so no weather injection).

The frame rates under these conditions are as you see them above. I have simply copy/pasted my EMB500 install from my FSX folders to the equivalent P3D folders.

Hope that is useful info.

Note: if you look carefully you can see the engine gasping to keep up with rendering the vector roads (they're jaggy in some shots; pausing the sim allows them to process and smooth).

I wouldn't recommend these as default settings on such a system, but it demonstrates, I think at least, that you can run the Phenom in Prepar3Dv2.2 with awfully intense graphics processing going on (haven't gone to latest Nvidia Beta drivers, btw), and still have something serviceable.

I would suspect in heavy traffic, at airports, you will have updating issues on the MFD that may be the thing causing the hiccups you're seeing; I have my air traffic set to 16 in P3D and I get some drops in FPS at, say, YBBN during rush hour. :)

Sorry for so many shots just trying to visualize the correlation between different flight and view scenarios (not using EZDok) and changes in FPS. Heaviest hit seems to be in scenes where the clouds are casting shadows on water (Clouds set to 70 in P3D, Maximum Detail, 4096 textures).

Totally not paying attention to the instruments or flying right. :) Lighting has been turned on in the cockpit to add some load there, for the test.

Steve

I've seen the frame rate drop, but I get different results on a separate box. The computer I initially installed on isn't super high powered, but as soon as I got airborne I'd see framerate drop down to 6-7, regardless of location. Stable flight would stabilize frame rates somewhat higher, but maneuvering would drop them again.

Installing on my other computer which is much more recent and with an SSD, I see excellent and consistent frame rates. Sometimes I see maybe 2-3 fps drop but otherwise no problems.

I agree!, there's something strange with the aircraft, I do have higher fps, but sometimes it drops to 8 or 10 or even 4...after being on 40+ I had this issue before with the CT182T, C206H G1000 and SR22, but they released a patch that fix that problem, and it works!, so I hope they do something similar with the Phenom...

Same problem here, serious fps issue with this ac on a great system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dont have this ac but I feel you guys. Now they're planning to release another Seneca which is steam  gauges, I will consider that for sure, glasses are out of the questions for my setup. Would they ever consider warbirds since they are good at model only?

Gorky Max