Sign in to follow this  
mfy1989

RCV4 window not showing in FSX under DX10

Hi folks,

Firstly I'm really sorry if this has been dealt with by another post already - I did have a look and couldn't see anything that matched my problem but I put my hands up if I'm duplicating anything!

Pretty simple problem, I'm running FSX in DX10 mode at the mo, and everything seems to be working fine, except that the RC options window is not appearing - I can still hear the comms, and from memory I know what most of the options are so to an extent I can still use it, but it is a bit tricky without the window being visible - is there a compatibility issue with DX10 with RC4? Or is there a specific fix for this problem, as it would be really nice to get RC4 running ok with the DX10 set up, as everything else seems to be running ok.

Be really grateful if anyone has any suggestions or solutions,

Kind regards,

Tim

All I can say is that I have been running RC4 since the beginning of the year in DX10 mode without any problems at all, from the word go.

Are you using Stevefx DX10 scenery fixer?

That solves just about all DX10 problems.

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Thanks Ian, installed the SteveFX scenery fixer, and problem fixed. B)

Now my PC can handle DX10, I'm realising just how much better everything looks!

Mmm. it seems I do still have the problem - it seemed ok after I installed the DX10 fixer, but now I am still getting the issue. I run FSX, start a new flight with the aircraft at the gate, and then go to start RC4. When I do that, the aircraft is immediately moved several hundred feet across the airfield, and buried into the ground, and again the RC4 dialogue box does not appear. There is no functionality at all this time - I've not had this problem with RC4 until now - would really appreciate some advice.

Many thanks,

Tim

If RC is moving your aircraft there is a discrepancy between the airport location in your flight plan and where you are parked as RC reads your position. It thinks yu are outside the airport boundaries.

Be sure you have run a current makerwys installed for doing the scenery rebuild.

Start the debugger before you load your plan into RC and then send the log in after the problem occurs.

RC should be version 3.4.3845 and fsuipc and makerwys from the links I provided.

Be sure you are using the correct path in the scenery rebuild for the version of FS and RC you are using.

Thanks Ronzie,

The versions I have installed are as follows:

Radar Contact: 4.3.3845

FSUIPC: 4.9.0.0

MakeRwys: 4.6.7.5

I have run the scenery rebuild in RC4, which completed successfully. However, I am still getting the same issue, and the RC window is not appearing. I've recorded a log file as you suggested, so I'll send that over. I'd be really grateful for your help in resolving this problem,

Kind regards,

Tim

Update fsuipc;

Install complete FSUIPC version 4.929 Install FSUIPC4.929 for FSX and Prepar3D versions 1.4 and 2.0

-- Please read the changes document included.

FSUIPC version 4.929c only, for those with 4.929 already installed FSUIPC 4.929c

-- Fixes problems with using certain controls, such as pushback, through offsets

in an unregistered install.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Is RC moving the aircraft at all airports?

Are you running on a network with RC on a client?

Please complete your AVSIM profile for hardware and software. I don't think we have had any display issues as you describe. Is your video driver current?

Thanks Ronzie,

Firstly I've made a bit of progress with solving this issue - I've discovered that this problem only seems to occur when I have Active Sky Next running. When I start FS and RC4 without Active Sky, everything runs normally. Could this be an FSUIPC conflict between the two programs?

I have now updated to the latest version of FSUIPC, and my video drivers are up to date.

I'll add my machine spec to my profile in case that helps,

Cheers again for the help,

Regards,

Tim 

There might be a ram overload the way virtual ram is set up for each app. AS consumes a lot of resources. Does it all work with a default aircraft and scenery?

Hi Ronzie,

Interesting point; I tried a flight departing from a default airport rather than an add-on one, and all worked fine. Seems to support the ram overload theory - is there a way round this problem? Would giving these processes a higher system priority be any help? (sorry for my ignorance, not really very knowledgeable on how virtual ram works!)

Everything modeled in FS including scenery objects, aircraft and parts including panel objects, weather objects and textures, etc., take ram. You are running AS Next with it looks like REX textures.

You can try lowering the priority of AS Next to see what happens. You can also decrease the percent of ai.

You can also try assigning RC to its own core if that will reserve ram or do that with AS Next.

FS does a lot of rendering on CPU RAM within its two MB space not using the graphics card RAM. Fsuipc uses the FS RAM space as all modules do.

Do you have another PC lying around? If so, you can purchase WideFS and have a network client to an FS Host. App processes take up RAM as well so whatever apps you can run on a a client would free up RAM on the FS host.

Have a look at this thread;

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438767-poor-fsx-peformance/?hl=%2Baffinity#entry2960344

and see if setting the affinity mask (controls core assignments) helps along with some other statements in fsx.cfg.

Be sure you are running fsx SP2 or later to give it additional assigned ram space. See if there is anything in its shortcut property to set it to LARGE ADDRESS AWARE when Win 7 assigns its address space.

Cheers Ronzie.

The thread you linked to was very interesting, as people mentioned resource issues with UK2000 LGW, which is the scenery I was using when I experienced problems with RC4. I'm thinking it may just be a losing battle, unless I can shift some of these add-ons to a client pc through wideFS. The odd thing is that I never had these issues when I was running all these add-ons on my older PC, which was a much lower spec.

I think I will look into setting up a WideFS system, as I do have another PC running as a media server.

Thanks loads for all the help and advice, really appreciated,

Kind regards,

Tim

The release notes for 4.929c state only up to p3d2.1 is supported. The developer returns from vacation 14 APR 14. Check the modules update link frequently.

However there is an entry regarding ASN which might apply to FSX and also items regarding WideView.

There is also a note about showing the fsuipc menu window which involves adding entries to the general section of fsuipc.ini. Do not enter items for p3d since you are on FSX.

I also saw a note about correcting a Win 8.1 conflict.