Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

question on BP=0

When running with BP=0 my gpu  ( gtx 770 4 gb) load runs about 30% load and my cpu  (i7 4770k o/c to 4.4) is all over from max to min. I have cpu with HT on and set affinity mask to 254, with the usual tweeks in cfg. I was hoping to shift more load to gpu to help cpu, is this about normal. With BP off my gpu load was about 20%. I am running with DX 10.

The only way to shift more load to the GPU is to switch to XPX or P3D..

Bert

also hyperthreading,you don't need to run.

I gave hyper threading another try last week with AM=254 had had a reduction of FPS of about 7. I actually think it was a result of my OC 2600k throttling back due to reaching tjMax. Disabled it and my sim runs much smoother.

Ryan Kelly

interesting I did try turning off HT and it did make quite a difference. I have frames lock at 30 but was always constantly moving between 25 - 30 FPS. With HT off it holds almost always at 30 and I even bump a few things up like ai traffic. Been meaning to do this so thanks for getting me to do this.