Sign in to follow this  
Mirakledba

Approach Hold Switch 737 causes me to drop too fast?

Hello!

I have an issues that I never used to have......Once im close to the runway and all straighten up with the run way, the pink diamond starts to move down, When that happens, I press approach hold (app) and it keeps going low and makes me crash before the runway! When do i click approach hold?? When the pink diamond STARTS to move or once its in the middle? Please help!

This is for FSX, ILS landing.

What do you mean? I just did that a few min ago when it hit the center and it started dropping faster than it should. Would have smashed the water so i turned off auto pilot and took control. Is it because my auto pilot heading vertical speed is at -1800 when I  want to descend? Or do i leave it at 1000 and -1000 forever?

Hit the APP BEFORE it hits the centre. Otherwise your aircraft will try to chase the G/S that's already below you. 

Right BEFORE or like THE SECOND it starts moving? Because Ive also tried it before it hits the center...it goes straight until it hits the center, and almost like its NOSE diving...not going in a smooth slope :/

How fast are you usually when you get yourself on the glideslope? Once the localiser and glideslope are alive, just arm APP. 

I am about 140-150 knots. Ah so im not supposed to hit the VOR LOC button to align with the runway and once the glide slope diamond gets near the middle ARM THE APP?

So i should just use the APP and never touch the VOR LOC?

What do you mean? I just did that a few min ago when it hit the center and it started dropping faster than it should. Would have smashed the water so i turned off auto pilot and took control. Is it because my auto pilot heading vertical speed is at -1800 when I  want to descend? Or do i leave it at 1000 and -1000 forever?

You should be in level flight and configured to land when you intercept the GS. Without seeing your sim its hard to say whats wrong.

Jay

I tested, but the game crashed RIGHT BEFORE landing so i cant be sure if it would have worked out..I hit APP 1/2 dot high before the middle....stayed going straight, began to dive, than the nose went up and it was descending to the runway ( a little lower than id like though)

Ok its night time here so tomorrow I will try..but I think I solved it...I think i wasnt just patient and if i waited, the plane goes lower, than it pushes the nose up and descends slowly but a gets a LITTLE too close to the ground for comfort.