Sign in to follow this  
biloo

Annoying A380 Landing

Hi everyone,

This is getting very frustrating for me. I am having trouble making safe landing with Project Airbus A380 merged with Thomas Ruth Panel.

Whenever I try to land this plane, it always lands nose first. When I pull back on throttle just before touchdown, the plane suddenly levels with still another 20 feet to go down. Then I push little on the throttle which causes me to get hard crash landing after such a perfect approach.
The plane is light on fuel after a long haul flight. Is there a way I can resolve this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

This was also happening with me without the merge but it was not as this intense.

Bilal Asif Khan

What air file are you using with this merge? Maybe it needs editing.

If you're interested in flying the A380, I'd highly recommend a merge made by Maxime Konareff which can be downloaded here : http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=629710

It uses the Project Airbus A380 as well as a Virtual Cockpit that was designed for it with Wilco gauges inside.
You will need to own the following add ons for FSX to make use of the merge :

1. Wilco A380

2. Wilco FeelThere Evolution Airbus Volume 2

I use it quite often and it is the closest to a decent A380 merge for FSX until NextLevelSimulations comes out with their product.

If you're interested in flying the A380, I'd highly recommend a merge made by Maxime Konareff which can be downloaded here : http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=629710

It uses the Project Airbus A380 as well as a Virtual Cockpit that was designed for it with Wilco gauges inside.

1. Wilco A380

I use it quite often and it is the closest to a decent A380 merge for FSX until NextLevelSimulations comes out with their product.

Thank you sir..!!

This is what i was looking for a long time.

Tried a few merges which were hopeless, but this one actually works half decent and looks good..

Top notch !!

(Also, can't wait for the NLS A380. Instant buy)

1. Wilco A380

Hi, 

I am using air_a380.air file. The original one before the merge had pa380.air.

Thanks for the link. I am setting it up on my pc right now and will give it a try.

Will update you guys with my findings.

BTW, in the merges can I interchange the .air files between pa380 and air_a380 files ?

Bilal Asif Khan

Thank you sir..!!

You're most welcome

BTW, in the merges can I interchange the .air files between pa380 and air_a380 files ?

Of course you can. As long as the file is present in your aircraft folder, it can be used. If you have a look at the aircraft.cfg, within each [fltsim.x] section, you should have a 'sim=' entry. This entry is used to tell FSX which air file to use. Feel free to edit this entry to the air file you feel works best for you.

Example : sim=air_a380 OR sim=pa380

Do keep in mind that you will have to repeat this process to every repaint (each fltsim.x section) you have/add to the aircraft in the cfg.

Safe landings :smile:

You're most welcome

Of course you can. As long as the file is present in your aircraft folder, it can be used. If you have a look at the aircraft.cfg, within each [fltsim.x] section, you should have a 'sim=' entry. This entry is used to tell FSX which air file to use. Feel free to edit this entry to the air file you feel works best for you.

Example : sim=air_a380 OR sim=pa380

Do keep in mind that you will have to repeat this process to every repaint (each fltsim.x section) you have/add to the aircraft in the cfg.

Safe landings :smile:

Thank you so much for your help. I have the Wilco merge now thanks to you and I am learning it.

In the meantime I did some trial run on the plane I have. I have ACJ airbus A380 which is basically a merge between A380 and Thomas Ruth Panels. Its pretty decent except for its air file.

I have replaced the air file here with pa380 and did some trial run.

Here is what I have learned:

I have figured out a way to avoid nose landing first. Its bit unrealistic but I think its the best I can do for this.

I like to use pa380 file as the air file to use, I am also using ACJ a380 which is basically PA A380 merged with Thomas Ruth Panel. The trick on approach is to reduce your speed to significant low value of around 165 kts. Follow your ILS. As soon as you are about one or two notch above the ILS disarm altitude hold and then autothrottle. Reduce speed further as you drop down your flaps. Use the trim value to pitch the plane down. Don't worry about the heading as that is being managed by the autopilot. Gradually bring your speed down to 140 kts. Keep your speed low but around 1000ft above raise your pitch nose to get a nice approach angle for your plane. In the meantime, use the trim gently and your throttle to accomodate the pitch angle and your rate of descent. Follow the ILS all the way. 

With much practice I was able to avoid nose first landing.

Please keep in mind these tests were done with 10% fuel. I may have to adjust my approach speed with higher fuel loads.

Bilal Asif Khan

When I pull back on throttle just before touchdown, the plane suddenly levels with still another 20 feet to go down.

Sounds like you are flaring too early. Or not flaring at all?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg