28/09/2013 22:47 23,147,520 OpusFSX.msi

06/04/2014 04:44 552 regis_biassala-opusopusfsx.key

3 File(s) 23,150,120 bytes

2 Dir(s) 47,588,896,768 bytes free

C:\Opus Software>

Thanks,

Regis

Regis Biassala 

I assume you mean it is running in DEMO mode?

From our FAQ...

You must unwrap the Flight1 purchase file on your C drive. You can move the msi to another location but must leave the licence and key files on drive C in the C:\Opus Software folder as you appear to have done.

OpusFSX can only be installed on one drive in one folder. Uninstall any old versions of OpusFSX using Control Panel, Uninstall a Program. Do not delete your OpusFSX folder though since your configuration (DAT and CMD) and camera (CAM, LIM and CDF) files are stored there, assuming you want to keep them.

Ensure you have followed the getting started guide and set sharing and permissions.

Cheryl

Then you should simply check our FAQs because if you are getting DEMONSTRATION MODE then clearly your licence is not valid for some reason.

Run the FSXSERVER.exe program in your c:\OpusFSX folder, I assume you have installed the actual OpusFSX software here as requested in the Getting Started Guide.

Then open and examine your FSXSERVER.log file, it should inform you why it does not like your licence.

But I suspect you simply need to reactivate your licence after some hardware change or system reinstall. So check your FSXSERVER.log file, let me know what it says, check the FAQs in case you need to reactivate your license, and most important stop getting frustrated, just ask for help instead or read the advice in the FAQs.

After all we are always willing and ready to help, you just need to ask.

Stephen :-)

Please Note ...

I have edited your post above because there is NO need for any sarcastic comments when Cheryl and I are always here ready to help you. Its never nice reading such comments. Just ask for help and you shall receive ... Even on a Sunday !

After all there is absolutely nothing wrong with the software, only with your installation or licence.

Stephen :-)

This might help ...

Reinstalling OpusFSX on a new or reformatted PC

If you have your licence and key files on drive C in the C:\Opus Software folder then download and run the Flight1 purchase wrapper and choose the option to reinstall using the key file. If you purchased via credit card use the last four digits of the credit card as your password, otherwise use your order password (which is different to your login password). You can request your order password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it, you will have a different password for each Flight1 order.

If you have lost your licence and key files then download and run the Flight1 purchase wrapper and choose the option to reinstall using your Flight1 account, you will need your email and order password (which is different to your login password). You can request your order password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it, there are different passwords for each Flight1 order. You can request your account password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it.

If you don't have a Flight1 account then you can create one and assign previous purchases to your account.

If you still can't reinstall then request a new key file from Flight1.

You may install the software onto any drive provided its folder name is OpusFSX with the exception that you must not install OpusFSX in the Opus Software, FSX, Prepar3D or Program Files folders, and don't install in more than one folder on your PC.

Stephen

All sorted. I had to use the flight1 wrapper to validate my license.

Thanks Again,

Regis

Regis Biassala 

Hello guys at Opus.

I need to solve my problem, and I don't believe I have to open another topic, after all it is a similar problem. 

I cloned my HDD because I did not want to uninstall and reinstall everything again. And when starting Opus, it is in "demonstration mode". 

I have the .lic e .msi on C:\Opus Software, and fsxserver.exe (and everything else) on C:\OpusFSX

I solve this problem the same way described above? I download the installer and proceed to reinstall? I must uninstall the current version before?

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Hi Christiano,

No problem, I think you will find all you need in our FAQs,

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/faq.htm

This extract should help,

Reinstalling OpusFSX on a new or reformatted PC

If you have your licence and key files on drive C in the C:\Opus Software folder then download and run the Flight1 purchase wrapper and choose the option to reinstall using the key file. If you purchased via credit card use the last four digits of the credit card as your password, otherwise use your order password (which is different to your login password). You can request your order password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it, you will have a different password for each Flight1 order.

If you have lost your licence and key files then download and run the Flight1 purchase wrapper and choose the option to reinstall using your Flight1 account, you will need your email and order password (which is different to your login password). You can request your order password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it, there are different passwords for each Flight1 order. You can request your account password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it.
If you don't have a Flight1 account then you can create one and assign previous purchases to your account.

If you still can't reinstall then request a new key file from Flight1.

You may install the software onto any drive provided its folder name is OpusFSX with the exception that you must not install OpusFSX in the Opus Software, FSX, Prepar3D or Program Files folders, and don't install in more than one folder on your PC.

Stephen :smile: