Sign in to follow this  
icampion

nothing but a floating cockpit in exterior view

I use EZDok, and downloaded a profile for the 777 before I even tried out the aircraft.  

I get nothing but a floating cockpit in the exterior model and an aircraft shadow.  That's it.  I tried disabling EZDok-- no change.  I also loaded some NGX profiles I have-- still no change.  I have run the configurator tool but I get a notice to contact EZdok support about something about world camera locations.  regardless, I've always gotten that error and it's still been fine with other aircraft.

I am clueless as to the next step here.

The aircraft works fine it seems, but I would really like to iron this problem out.  Here's a screenshot for reference:

C9iZrOO.png

Usually after you run the ezdok the configuration that fixes it.

I ran it, as mentioned-- no change.

Maybe an ezdok reinstall is necessary. Also maybe those profiles you downloaded are faulty. Get rid of them and make your own custom views, that worked for me.

Maybe an ezdok reinstall is necessary. Also maybe those profiles you downloaded are faulty. Get rid of them and make your own custom views, that worked for me.

Sounds like a good plan.  Going to try one workaround I found online and then give it another go!  Thanks.

As for the profiles though, the dude is a pretty well known youtuber who posted them and they seem to work fine for him!  Gotta love FSX and its addons! :)

Sounds like a good plan.  Going to try one workaround I found online and then give it another go!  Thanks.

As for the profiles though, the dude is a pretty well known youtuber who posted them and they seem to work fine for him!  Gotta love FSX and its addons! :)

No problem.

You don't need to reinstall.

It's clear from the picture that the eyepoint for the virtual cockpit is just in the wrong position.

The virtual cockpit on most aircraft doesn't include the rest of the plane model in order to increase FPS and performance.

Use the edit mode to move the eyepoint back to the captain's seat and then save the profile.

Guest Mik75

Did you run the EZCA config tool after you've installed the aircraft? That has to be done after every install of a new aircraft.

Why don't you try to use another program for cameras? B)

I had same issue with Ezdok. I fixed the problem and later on same skeleton problem comes back again. I spent countless number of hours on forums to find a solution. I figured that Ezdok is a bit sensitive to changes within FSX. I gave up and went to OpusFSX. I have never seen this issue again since then. I am not advertising here anything, just a suggestion. Youou don't have to use their (Opus) WX engine, you can use just cameras. Works same way as Ezdok. I believe they still have free trial version.  I use cameras and I am very happy. 

Thx for looking. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Uh oh you must have flown through the Persian triangle lol

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

This is not a EZDok or camera problem. This has been discussed on PMDG forums before and has been answered by PMDG. Lower your graphics settings. 

- The external model takes a second to fully show when switching views.

• This is just FSX. The graphics engine is 7 years old now and we're doing things with it that it was never meant to do. Just one of the quirks you have to live with if you want the super high-detail models and textures.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/

Sometimes if won't load at all. I had the same problem until I tweaked my graphic settings.

This is not a EZDok or camera problem. This has been discussed on PMDG forums before and has been answered by PMDG. Lower your graphics settings. 

- The external model takes a second to fully show when switching views.

• This is just FSX. The graphics engine is 7 years old now and we're doing things with it that it was never meant to do. Just one of the quirks you have to live with if you want the super high-detail models and textures.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/

Sometimes if won't load at all. I had the same problem until I tweaked my graphic settings.

Sorry mate, but you are wrong... Like AJ stated, the eyepoint is not properly configured for EZDok.

To the OP, get the camera's set up correctly on EZDok for your specific aircraft, there is a good Youtube video by Froogle that explains everything. Look it up and get EZDok properly configured, I don't fly without it.

To the OP, I get this when EZDok gets confused as to what set of cameras you are using.  

I suggest re-loading froogle's cameras.  I assume those are the ones you are mentioning?  If not I'd go get those and load them up.  Even load the NGX set and go from there.  One time (I forget which aircraft I was in) it loaded like this for me.  All I had to do is what AJ said, walk back in to the cockpit and save the camera, then magically all the other ones were in the right area.