Sign in to follow this  

NVIDIA GeForce 337.50 'wonder' driver...?

I've been reading about a new nVidia driver that should be released tomorrow, April 7th, which works with all GPU's starting at the 500 series and which brings improvements to every DX11 game. Anyone already heard about this? This could work with P3D v2 too!

Imagine that tomorrow we will get this driver AND the 2.2. update and imagina both deliver what's being promised...!

Here is one of the links I found about it. Google for more (GeForce 337.50 Driver wonder) and you'll get lot's of hits about it.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-33750-beta-driver-7th-april-features-directx-optimizations-improve-geforce-cards-performance/

What do you all think...?

Hmm interesting read - thanks for the heads up Jeroen. Should be an interesting afternoon / evening tomorrow (at least for those of us that don't call in sick...!).

Edit:

Looks like it's already been released in China:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/74735

Not sure what to think.. I been following this for a while and am hopeful it may have a positive impact on P3Dv2... but I ain’t counting my chickens. It sounds like it (v2.2) should be a candidate for a boost... DX11 app with high CPU overhead, so you never know.

Tomorrow could be an interesting day... I just hope it doesn't end in disappointment :unsure:

Edit:
Looks like it's already been released in China:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/74735

File not found... seems a lot of links are up, but the files are not there.

Please can a novice at updating display drivers (WIN7) join in this thread?

Are any of these "do it all" programs live up to their claims?

"Display Driver Uninstaller"/"Driver update"/"Driver Restore"/" Driver  Manager"

Should the straight answer be "NO", is there any other out there which will safely

perform " The Full Monte"?

ANAMIV

"Display Driver Uninstaller"/"Driver update"/"Driver Restore"/" Driver  Manager"

Should the straight answer be "NO", is there any other out there which will safely

ANAMIV

To the last part, yes, You.

Just download the driver, run the executable and select 'Custom Advanced' rather than 'Express' and use the 'Perform Clean Installation' Tick-Box... Before going further also untick any components you don't use such as PhysX and 3D vision... if you use none of this stuff the only thing you need is the 'Display Driver' which can't be deselected... doing that will remove the previous version, and update to the new one, you will then be prompted to re-boot and the job will be done.

There is no real need to use other software to assist, unless you previously used an ATI card, and then Display Driver Uninstaller can be useful for removing any remnants of the that vendors driver, prior to changing cards. I do sometimes use it if I feel like giving my PC a good clean, but generally it is not necessary.

It might be worth waiting to see some results from this new driver before diving in, as despite the claims, it may have zero impact on P3D [or make things worse] … see what happens to others first, and then decide if its worth it.

If you've not done it before it can seem rather complicated and scary, but in fact it is more straightforward than it sounds.

ANAMIV

I use this method from Nick_N..... works for me.  Also see the the note at the end concerning Nvidia Inspector

VIDEO DRIVERS:   CRITICAL

Nvidia video drivers must be installed using the CLEAN INSTALL selection accessed through the ADVANCED INSTALLATION option of the driver installation. The following procedure is exactly how users should install a video driver upgrade. Please remember this outline for any future video driver installations:

Obtain the driver from the Nvidia Driver support website.

NOTE: DO NOT USE the Windows Device Manager to uninstall any Nvidia driver.. Both Nvidia and Microsoft have confirmed that will NOT WORK and leave a system improperly updated. Also, DO NOT USE driver 'sweeper' or 'cleaner' programs!.

Check the C:\ drive for a directory named C:\Nvidia, if it is there, DELETE IT before uninstalling the driver from Windows. DO NOT MANUALLY DELETE ANY OTHER NVIDIA DIRECTORY ON YOUR SYSTEM ONLY THE C:\Nvidia DIRECTORY IF IT IS FOUND.

NOTE: It is important to make sure to get rid of any older drivers on the system so you can successfully flush and install a new driver without issues. If for some reason a old Nvidia driver reinstalls after uninstalling one from Windows, remove that driver as well before continuing. The default Microsoft "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" driver is NOT an issue if it happens to install, simply continue as outlined.

Go to Programs and Features. Select the: "NVIDIA Graphics Driver <version>"    and uninstall it from Windows. Leave the rest of the items in the list alone...  Then reboot the computer.

You must reboot your system when directed by these instructions even if the system does not request a reboot!

Run the driver installer. After the driver decompresses to the C:\NVIDIA directory and when the driver installer starts, agree to the terms and then do the following

a. Select the CUSTOM (ADVANCED) INSTALL and click NEXT

b. Place a check in the ‘Perform a Clean Install” box

c. If you do not use the following 3D vision drivers for a special 3D LCD monitor and 3D glasses, UNCHECK them in the list that appears in the box:

*3D vision controller

*3D vision Driver   - The first two items are for a 3D LCD monitor only and not needed unless you use a 3D monitor with 3D glasses

*Nvidia Update    - This will constantly check for updates and install them without your knowledge. Do not install this.

*Nvidia GeForce Experience - This is a new feature that incorporates Nvidia Update. Its the same update bloatware. Do not install this.

Click NEXT. The driver may do one of two things..  fully install the selections, OR, it may request a reboot before running the driver installer. Follow the directions. In either case, once the driver has installed then reboot regardless of if a Windows reboot is requested or not.

Nvidia has corrected their installers so no 3rd party driver ‘flush’ program is needed, and, you should NEVER use any kind of driver flush program in the future with the latest Nvidia video drivers. Only use the defined method above to uninstall/reinstall or update a Nvidia video driver.

d. Last, you can delete the directory C:\NVIDIA as it is no longer needed.

BE VERY AWARE: That after any video driver upgrade or installation that the software Nvidia Inspector, which is used to properly configure Nvidia video drivers for Flight Simulator use, must be restored with the proper settings and then verified before launching FSX with the new drivers installed. I outline the use of this product here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

Lyn the trucker

FSX - XP11 - MSFS         Ryzen 5900x - Asus X570 VIII Hero - RTX 4090 - G.SKILL Trident 32 GB DDR4 - WD SN750 M2 1TB + Samsung SSD 250GB - HP Reverb G2 - Win 10/64

Use GeForce Experience as the update manager and you'll be fine. Don't mystify all things around nVidia drivers.

Spirit

All OS's and English here http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_337_50_beta_download.html

Engish only version (64bit) here http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/337.50/337.50-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-beta.exe

I did a totally clean install, removed Shader Cache etc... but the shadow and Supersampling issues remain with these... I was hoping nV may have fixed this with this set... maybe 2.2 will have changed things.

Expecting some performance comparisons in P3D2.

It is a shame that DX10 isn't updated with new technology, FSX users would appreciate that, well at least users with 5xx cards. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Just ran my 3DMark benchmark and took a slight hit across the board. Have a feeling that certain games were targeted initially and maybe future games will support their new extensions. Might roll back my driver. Just tested my P3D snd XPX setups, no magic bullets.