Sign in to follow this  

NVIDIA GeForce 337.50 'wonder' driver...?

Just ran my 3DMark benchmark and took a slight hit across the board. Have a feeling that certain games were targeted initially and maybe future games will support their new extensions.

This is likely to be the case; impressive results for some games don't translate across the board. I did get a small increase in the Valley Benchmark, going from 1896 to 1907 which is my best score yet - DX11 Ultra settings, with 8xAA.

P3D seems just the same to me, but I'm not doing repeatable, careful bench testing, I'm just flying as usual.

Certainly no miracle here anyway... not that I was expecting one.

How about consistency or microstutters? Or CPU temps? Any improvement there?

Some test results from Anandtech, posted today:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7926/nvidia-releases-33750-beta-driver-offers-significant-performance-improvements

As usual the pre-release blurb and hype and blah blah promised more than they delivered. Every game should benefit from this new driver but, as always, in truth just a few games are improved. Nothing new under the sun. Same old story. And certainly no benefit for P3D. 

I will skip these drivers and try a new one as soon (probably later...) as nVidia actually starts supporting P3D. I don't have much faith in that though...

No wonder driver at all because in IT it's uncommon to have wonder, only the user wonders why his game isn't working well.

Spirit

Use GeForce Experience as the update manager and you'll be fine. Don't mystify all things around nVidia drivers.

Spirit

Yes, if you enjoy bloatware.

I agree.. I hate all this extra junk. For anyone used to the complications of flight simulation I can't believe a driver install would stump them.

As for driver support, I assume its a two way street and LM need to be proactive in getting it. nV want to sell cards, and pull punters away from the competition, if a driver looks to work wonders it will do just that... Sadly p3D is not a title the majority of nV and ATI's customer base care about, so the priority I assume will be low.

They mention in the release that this would only provide performance increases in some games, and only on the GTX 700 series cards...

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I agree, I follow Nick's method of uninstalling/installing video drivers and have never had an issue.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I agree, I follow Nick's method of uninstalling/installing video drivers and have never had an issue.

Watch out, you will get slapped with a 'disagree' sticker soon :ph34r:

I just say HUGE improvements on my i2600K@4.5Ghz / ASUS GTX780 With todays New BETA
driver 337.50 from Nvidia.

Faster loading and higher FPS

Just waiting for P3D 2.2 now

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

From .... the novice.

Thanks guys.... never too old to learn

ANAMIV

I'm happy to report I have none of the issues with these drivers (or the last three sets) running 2.2 that I did running 2.1. The terrain shadow issue, and artifacts forcing SS vai NI are not present, and everything is running beatifully thus far.

never too old to learn

Absolutley :smile:

Tried to download the beta last night but it wouldn't install on my machine (via the GeForce Experience app). So perhaps I'll have to wait until it comes out of beta unless anyone has any better ideas?