Sign in to follow this  
Halwatk

Simroutes Down?

For the last two days I've been unable to access simroutes. The message says the server is unavailable.  Is it just me?

I get it too. They gotta get this fixed. I need my .pln files for my flights on the NGX.

Daniel Wasinski, SWA5594, Senior Captain, Southwest Virtual Airlines

"Without a heart, it's just a machine."

Yes, I believe it is down for everyone.  I was not able to access on 140406 2030Z.

Andrew

I hope it isn't down for good. We lost Vataware I really don't want to lose simroutes too. I haven't been able to find another site or app that can let you make your own flight plan and then download it so that you can just bring it into FSX. I will be very sad if it is gone.

• Upvote 1

That is a nice website, but I get my routes directly from flightaware. I need a place that I can just take a flightplan and make it a .pln file for my NGX.

Daniel Wasinski, SWA5594, Senior Captain, Southwest Virtual Airlines

"Without a heart, it's just a machine."

That is a nice website, but I get my routes directly from flightaware. I need a place that I can just take a flightplan and make it a .pln file for my NGX.

Give this site a try, it looks like it offers a download as .pln and .rte. Says it's for FS9 and PMDG, but I don't see any reason it would not work for FSX.

dwaz,

Suggest checking out vroute.  It would allow you to either use an existing route in their database, or create your own (from flightaware, etc.).  Either way, you can export the route in multiple format, including PMDG's.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Anyone know any others that work for X-Plane as well?

"Feathers shall raise men even as they do birds towards heaven :— That is by letters written with their quills."

— Leonardo da Vinci

http://www.hkspotting.com

How does one do the download and select the version of MSFS one is using?

FS9 and FSX .pln files are the same so it doesn't matter. In rare cases, the starting points may be off a little bit, but that's it.

So now I'm not getting a server unavailable message but just something that says "simroutes.com" in the top left of the page. Idk if this is good, bad or pointless news.

"Feathers shall raise men even as they do birds towards heaven :— That is by letters written with their quills."

— Leonardo da Vinci

http://www.hkspotting.com