Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

The FLC mode.

Hi all,

I think the FLC mode is (incorrectly) modeled as an auto-throttle instead of a true FLC mode.  Anyone agree?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi all,

I think the FLC mode is (incorrectly) modeled as an auto-throttle instead of a true FLC mode.  Anyone agree?

Yep.

Carenado have done this in their last 3 aircraft that are supposed to have a FLC mode.   (they even put an auto-throttle in the Cirrus SR22 single piston!!).

It appears they can not or have not coded a custom gauge that can perform true FLC (adjusting aircraft pitch to maintain speed).

That's why I won't be buying this jet.   Just a little too far off the realism scale with things like FLC being fudged by using the default FSX autothrottle.

That's one of many things I like about Carenado. They operate within the boundaries of what works in FSX, instead of attempting to include complex module add-ons that produce no end of hair-pulling glitches.

You install it, it works, period. That's increasingly rare out there as everyone gets more (perhaps over-) ambitious.

This FLC may not be "realistic," but it gives me a much more relaxing, enjoyable FSX experience.

I believe they have a separate line of products used for professional training, if you need that.

steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe they have a separate line of products used for professional training, if you need that.

Care to point me to where I can buy these "professional" Carenado products.

Thought not, as they do not exist.

In my opinion, if the real aircraft has a FLC mode then the simulated version should have one that works correctly.

Otherwise we may as well just fly the default aircraft.

(...)

Carenado have done this in their last 3 aircraft that are supposed to have a FLC mode.   (they even put an auto-throttle in the Cirrus SR22 single piston!!).

It appears they can not or have not coded a custom gauge that can perform true FLC (adjusting aircraft pitch to maintain speed).

(...)

Yep, Dave!

FeelThere did the FLC, the VNAV and the Takeoff Configuration Test button in their Phenom. (And the FTh version doesn't have the pitot heat/Ctrl+H issue! :P)

Care to point me to where I can buy these "professional" Carenado products.

Thought not, as they do not exist.

In my opinion, if the real aircraft has a FLC mode then the simulated version should have one that works correctly.

Otherwise we may as well just fly the default aircraft.

Look up Redbird Simulations. With your snarky attitude..... I won't Google that for you. :)

Redbird Simulations

Don't see what link Carenado has to Redbird other than you can use Carenado aircraft with the product, but then you can do that with any addon.

I will say again, there are no "special professional" versions of the Carenado aircraft.

They are just a pretty set of flying textures with limited functionality.

If you think that Carenado are super realistic then go ahead and enjoy them, each to their own, but lets be honest here the Carenado Phenom is NOT simulating an Phenom 100 in any way that I can see.

The Phenom has a working FLC mode, the Carenado does not.

The Phenom has No Auto throttle, the Carenado does.

There is no Takeoff config button in the Carenado Phenom, even feelthere got this right years ago and they were honest enough to describe their offering as a Lite addon, the Carenado does not even have close to the functionality of the Feelthere version.

Looks prettier though, and that is enough for many folks

And 4 Gauge programmers at Eaglesoft can satisfy customers like you, no need to continue to snark here, for no good purpose, except maybe to turn the Carenado Unofficial Support Forum into the anti-Carenado Whiners Club, which is mostly what this place is at this point.  Much like the ORBX Unofficial Support Forum (ORBX seems to be doing fine on their own, apparently.....).

If you really think that -- of the 788 pages of the Embraer Prodigy Manual -- the Phenom 100 is ruined for you because one page, p.459, -- which doesn't even explicitly state that the FLC controls pitch, not airspeed [guess what? someone on the internet might be wrong! shock horror] -- while a substantial portion of the rest of those 788 pages is indeed modeled, quite well in fact -- well then go elsewhere, it's that simple. 

Don't like the programming? Change the channel.

Steve

First of all, I agree with the OP. FLC is modelled incorrectly as an autothrottle. I was a sucker and bought this piece of crap. If you want to charge $40 then give me an accurate model or at least tell me what I am getting before I buy. Carenado did neither. This is the first "complex" aircraft I have purchased from them and it will be the last aircraft I buy from them period. Lesson learned the hard way. Anyone want to buy my license for a discount?

Fleetingthought - Carenado makes addons for the RedBird Jay. That's it. In their full motion sims used for real world training, RedBird uses proprietary flight models. So, no, they do not have a "professional line."

well then go elsewhere, it's that simple.

I already did, I use the Flight1 Mustang which is light years better than the Carenado Phenom.

I wish Flight 1 would release the Mustang for P3D.

Same here, Flight1 are getting badly left behind now that P3D 2.2 is out. Shame because they were a great publisher but life goes on.

This FLC may not be "realistic," 

Why model something if you're not going to do it properly? It is not even in the spirit of what FLC is supposed to do.

I'm not being "snarky", I'm simply asking a question.