Sign in to follow this  
flightdynamics

RC4.3 with Ultimate Traffic 2

Ok

I just bought RC 4 and it works very well and I did a perfect flight being vectored in etc.

However there are some problems. 

I have my UT2 on full whack therefore all general aviation and commercial flights are at the highest popularity.

The problems I am getting is that I have not yet had a successful landing clearance I rather get the "Go around" as there is an aircraft ahead of me on the runway. I am led to believe that RC4 freezes aircraft at the hold so it doesn't cause a collision but its not doing this?

I also tell RC4 what runways are in use therefore all AI traffic will depart and arrive on a certain runway. however I get aircraft landing on the opposite thus causing a collision. I have tried refreshing AI in my Active sky to no luck.

Regards,

RC does not control what runways ai use. It looks at existing patterns and assigns runways if they are present. Be sure in UT2 you have its ai rendering set to maximum. When you tell RC what runway to use it ignores weather and ai conflicts.

Get the freeware aismooth version 1.2 which works in FS9 and FSX. Turn off its atc voice and displayed messaging. Set it up to space out arriving ai. It is in the FSX utilities library here.

RC only freezes ai around your runway when you are at the last three or four miles of final. It should not be freezing ai on the runway.