Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

Reverse Thrust Deployment

Yeah it's now easier with SP1. There's a "Override in Flare" option now. I override to idle at 20 feet personally - stops floating if you over flare too. I can now get reverse thrust out asap with a key set to my throttle - before I had to wait until just after the nose gear touched down!! Hopefully SP1 fixes it for you too.

Can you clarify this please? Reverse should be available with the mains on the ground but the nose wheel still in the air.

This sounds like you can now take reverse in flight???

Best regards,

Robin.

What is this?  A throttle override in flare?  I'm not following I don't think.  

Can you clarify this please? Reverse should be available with the mains on the ground but the nose wheel still in the air.

This sounds like you can now take reverse in flight???

Best regards,

Robin.

It's why I shouldn't post half asleep  :P

There is now an option to override the Autothrottle with your physical throttle on the flare. So if you want to just cut to idle power at 20 feet rather than wait for the AT to get back (which, if you look, is done on a day-to-day basis in 777 operations), you can. Once the main gear touch the ground, I can now activate reverse thrust asap. Unlike before I had the same problem as you, where I couldn't use it until way after the nose wheel touches down. So this issue has been resolved. Even if you leave the AT to come back to Idle, you can see activate reverse thrust as soon as the main gear touches down. I and many other pilots override it to reduce the chance of flaring. Since the 777 is very sensitive in the flare. Each situation you treat differently I guess  ^_^

Is there a way to use idle reverse in FSX?

After you touch down just press the F2 key two or three times to crack open the reverser doors, but leave the engine idling.

Check it on the EICAS that the REV indication goes from yellow to green, but the engine doesn't spool up.

Hi,

Something I found is the (apparent) inability to select reverse thrust whilst the nose gear is still in the air. Does anyone else see this?

I'm going to do some test flights.

Best regards,

Robin.

For me reverse works just fine with the nosewheel in the air. Any inability to do so is related to your throttle set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

Here's a screenshot showing my 777 with reverser operating after I held the nose up deliberately on landing.

777_tr_test.jpg

ki9cAAb.jpg

This was discussed before, and i have the same problem. The reversers only deploy after nose gear touches the ground. Hopefully SP1 will fix this

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it is not my hardware that is causing this. I can deploy the reversers fine, only *not* at touchdown with the nose gear still flying.

Best regards,

Robin.

Mine does not need the nose gear to be on the runway exactly like kevinh shows.  i don't see how it's a bug with the B777 since some experience it and others do not.  Sounds more like individual hardware issues.

Mine does not need the nose gear to be on the runway exactly like kevinh shows. i don't see how it's a bug with the B777 since some experience it and others do not. Sounds more like individual hardware issues.

Actually it is a bug confirmed by PMDG, that's why it's being fixed in sp1 according to EGLL77W, who is a beta tester here.

By the way, I just read this post and just fyi, I'm not meaning to sound rude. Sorry if it's coming across that way

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Actually it is a bug confirmed by PMDG, that's why it's being fixed in sp1 according to EGLL77W, who is a beta tester here.

By the way, I just read this post and just fyi, I'm not meaning to sound rude. Sorry if it's coming across that way

Not rude at all.  I didn't know they were working on a fix.  It just didn't seem to be their issue as it's not consistent across the board.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Wacht this video

Reversers are active before the nose wheel is on the ground

Not sure what your point is Remco? 

Rob Prest

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it is not my hardware that is causing this. I can deploy the reversers fine, only *not* at touchdown with the nose gear still flying.

Best regards,

Robin.

Well Robin, as you can see from my screenshot I can deploy reverse without the nosewheel being on ground. So clearly it's not the PMDG simulation which prevents it. That only leaves an installation problem or a hardware issue delaying deployment in your case. Do you use FSUIPC to calibrate your controls?

One thing to try, hold the nose up on roll out long enough for the engines to switch to ground idle. Then select reversers. If they now deploy then your problem is related to ground and flight idle switching and not the nose gear being in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hey Kevin,

I think it is a PMDG issue purely to do with the time it takes for the engines to spool down to idle & reach the criteria for rev thrust to deploy.  Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the nose wheel being in the air, just people have different de-rotation techniques.

Not 100% sure of the above

Rob Prest