Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

Bug / Correction List

By turning off the center display unit (upper right corner; screw) and waiting rougly five seconds my frame rate went from 10FPS to 30FPS.

I'm having problems with the a/c banking to the left during T/O and the plane constantly pitching up unless the throttle is at idle -- anyone else? Tried recalibrating my controls and testing with other a/c but it's only happening on this one.

I can understand all the points of view, yet I remain disappointed that the basic functionality of the aircraft has been purposefully omitted because it's outside of their scope or knowledge.

Sure it's what we expect of Carenado, as they have shown their true colours before; history repeating itself.

And yet to say that it's acceptable is undermining the entire philosophy of Carenado themselves moving up the development ladder; they started with single GA types, moved onto more complex models, moved into turbine singles and then twins. Now it's jets.

So why bother modelling the wings, static wicks, pitot heads etc, because fundamentally these items are superfluous in the sim - you could design a box or a brick, and still bestow it with splendid aerodynamic properties. And yet this is what you do best, the eye candy, the detail, the meticulous attention to detail, so why leave out the minor allegedly inconsequential facets of the design, especially when they are the hallmark of the manufacturer you are taking care to precisely model from scratch?

Carenado models are full of the sort of eye candy that is entirely and deliciously mouthwatering, but to not balance the equation by completing the models a touch more than they generally do is, frankly, shocking.

Why not put the finishing touches on your products? Why leave things nearly finished? Have you no pride, as I think you probably do?

To say that the simulator itself, specifically the product that carries your business and our interests, cannot handle the complexities of the systems that we, the users, seek, is astoundingly shallow.

As has been said. The feelThere Phenom manages it quite well, as do countless other aircraft add-ons; FLC for instance is quite possible. And to say that such a simple thing as a WAV file played in time with the pax-signs switch or take-off config isn't worth it for the sake of our immersion is ludicrous. It is this level of immersion that actually we seek; actually I'd even venture that an item such as the T/O Config button is superficial, whereas seminal products and deeply simulated system depths come from the likes of Majestic and PMDG, and many others.

Now, Carenado have not said that they won't, just that they haven't for the reasons given.

Let's hope that they choose to please their customers and loyal fans. To not do so is like saying that we the customers are not worth their time. If this is the case, then it's all a sham and a mockery.

Henry Ford said that the customer can have it any colour they like, as long as it's black. Please don't subscribe to this ideology, Carenado; instead, place us higher on your list of priorities.

Well said, and you are exactly correct. Let's take this to the next conclusion which has been mentioned many times before. Carenado's substandard modeling was fun and quirky back when their models were cheap. But they aren't cheap any longer. Flooding the market with these models drives other more competent developers away because they don't want market saturation of any particular model. You can largely thank the fan boys for that who are willing to excuse any and all shortcomings in a model simply because it takes a good screenshot.

Thanks.

There are a few buttons on the AP that have been modelled in 3D, but they do not work as they cannot be depressed, and there is no associated function to work anyway.

The T/O Config button is entirely missing, so it has been forgotten or missed. That's sloppy, because they would ordinarily model the button but make it inoperable, as in the AP panel.

To not create a ding-dong WAV file for the pax signs is beyond me, it's such an easy win, unless the real Phenom pax signs switch is quiet.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Guest BeaverDriver

I can understand all the points of view, yet I remain disappointed that the basic functionality of the aircraft has been purposefully omitted because it's outside of their scope or knowledge.

Sure it's what we expect of Carenado, as they have shown their true colours before; history repeating itself.

And yet to say that it's acceptable is undermining the entire philosophy of Carenado themselves moving up the development ladder; they started with single GA types, moved onto more complex models, moved into turbine singles and then twins. Now it's jets.

So why bother modelling the wings, static wicks, pitot heads etc, because fundamentally these items are superfluous in the sim - you could design a box or a brick, and still bestow it with splendid aerodynamic properties. And yet this is what you do best, the eye candy, the detail, the meticulous attention to detail, so why leave out the minor allegedly inconsequential facets of the design, especially when they are the hallmark of the manufacturer you are taking care to precisely model from scratch?

Carenado models are full of the sort of eye candy that is entirely and deliciously mouthwatering, but to not balance the equation by completing the models a touch more than they generally do is, frankly, shocking.

Why not put the finishing touches on your products? Why leave things nearly finished? Have you no pride, as I think you probably do?

To say that the simulator itself, specifically the product that carries your business and our interests, cannot handle the complexities of the systems that we, the users, seek, is astoundingly shallow.

As has been said. The feelThere Phenom manages it quite well, as do countless other aircraft add-ons; FLC for instance is quite possible. And to say that such a simple thing as a WAV file played in time with the pax-signs switch or take-off config isn't worth it for the sake of our immersion is ludicrous. It is this level of immersion that actually we seek; actually I'd even venture that an item such as the T/O Config button is superficial, whereas seminal products and deeply simulated system depths come from the likes of Majestic and PMDG, and many others.

Now, Carenado have not said that they won't, just that they haven't for the reasons given.

Let's hope that they choose to please their customers and loyal fans. To not do so is like saying that we the customers are not worth their time. If this is the case, then it's all a sham and a mockery.

Henry Ford said that the customer can have it any colour they like, as long as it's black. Please don't subscribe to this ideology, Carenado; instead, place us higher on your list of priorities.

Finally!!! Someone who "gets it". And Bob650's comments are dead on the money as well. If you look at the bug list in this thread, many of the bugs are so obvious that one has to wonder if Carenado actually even pushed a switch in this thing before it was released. Par for the course and why I stopped buying Carenado some time back. I don't like rewarding developers who not only are too lazy to do what's advertised and has already been done (by THEM) in the past, but also have so little consideration for their customers that they tell US what is important (and in most cases are 180 degrees off course!). Really - the stall annunciator isn't important??? And the GPU surely isn't important because we all know that FSX's default battery lasts for many seconds before it kills your electrics (yes, yes, I know - FSUIPC can fix that -- so why are you paying Carenado $40 - you should be buying FSUIPC instead :(). But hey, Carenado knows best, don't they.

The OP even said they didn't expect them to model the FADEC. Why not?? That is a primary feature of any modern VLJ (and most other modern jet)! If you aren't going to cover the primary functions, why make it?? I will say one thing for it - for $40, you get a great screenshot model.

Anyway, nothing new here except Fabio and Bob650 do get it and it's good to see someone actually speak out on this. Hopefully it serves a warning to other would be buyers because until we get more Fabio's and Bob's, Carenado will continue to pump out not much more than expensive eye candy and good developers will steer clear of making very worthwhile projects, depriving us all of quality airplanes that are widely used. I can't wait to see the bug list on the Falcon. Now THAT should be impressive!

LOL, I am enjoying this thread, but sad that it's at Carenado's expense.

And I too question the depth and intent of their release candidate checks.

If by chance Carenado are following this thread, then I say to them to please take note of the sentiments that are being expressed. We are your customers, and we are quite clearly telling you what we want, and what we don't want.

The future success of your Hawker and Pilatus are at stake, because if you cannot or will not address the issues that we have highlighted regarding the Phenom, then I am not sure that many will take up their purchase options on future Carenado products.

I am sure that Carenado have a voice, and I for one would welcome some comment, instead of the glossy FaceBook screening of upcoming products.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

I have been vocal about the poor level of system modeling in the Carenado Phenom.

But it seems there are a huge amount of simmers out there who simple do not care if an addon is accurate in regards to its operation. a lot do not seem to care that the Phenoms Fadec does not work or that its autoflight systems are pure fantasy.

Pretty graphics are enough, Push the throttle full forward, worrying about things like payload, trim, flap settings ect are boring and the aircraft flies anyway regardless so why bother setting it up correctly.

Carenado's core market is happy enough with some lovely textures wrapped around a default aircraft and they will fly around happily until the next make believe product rolls out from Carenado.

The real problem is when a lazy developer comes out with statements such as "FLC mode is not possible in FSX" when the honest answer was "We do not have the coding ability to model it, Sorry"

This is when you know without doubt that they not interested at all in improving their products, instead it's all about making the most amount of money with the minimum of effort.

But this was a developer who, back in the day with their C172 product was acually accused of using another devs airfile and passing it off as their own so why should we expect better from them..

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0901/carenado_story/carenado_copyright_allegations.html

Guest BeaverDriver

Well Fabio, I'm sorry to say several of us have been after them since before the Cessna 185. They don't read anything here, and they don't listen to the customer unfortunately. If you read back far enough, you'll see the same issues crop up on every release. Some even get fixed (not many), but then reappear in the next model. As long as they are selling airplanes, they don't have to care. That's the sad part.

As they say, sad but true.

People, save yourselves some money and buy the FT Phenom; Just Flight were doing the boxed version for £5, not sure if they still are...

Darn, and I so wanted the Phenom to be better than it is, and I so wanted to replace my ageing Flight1 PC12...

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

As they say, sad but true.

People, save yourselves some money and buy the FT Phenom; Just Flight were doing the boxed version for £5, not sure if they still are...

Darn, and I so wanted the Phenom to be better than it is, and I so wanted to replace my ageing Flight1 PC12...

PCAviator has the FT model 49% off through tomorrow. Link

PCAviator has the FT model 49% off through tomorrow. Link

Thank you for the heads-up Mr. thefsfempire.  I purchased the FT Phenom and found out what I have been missing.  Nice airplane.

And the FLC mode works correctly! 

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Another bug:

The ETE time on the AUX page doesn't take into account time zone differences - a 3 and a half hour flight will display 2.5 hours if you're going backwards one time zone, for example. It corrects itself one you cross into the new time zone, e.g. I saw the ETE jump from 50 mins remaining to 1 hr 50 mins after crossing into the new time zone.

Keep that in mind when trip planning.

Just checked this thread and I totally agree with the points made by Fabs. It's just ridiculous to cut so many corners. Since it took Carenado so long to finish this model I expected them to step up a little in this respect, but they're getting worse. Their newest offerings feel like aircraft made just so you can take pretty screenshots in FSX and Prepar3D (and they're not so pretty when you realise they've been using the same set of pilots since 2011).

If they choose not to model so many things on purpose, they should price it at least $10 less. For $10 more than the Carenado Phenom 100 you can get the A2A C172 which puts anything made by Carenado to shame. And there's the RealAir Lancair Legacy which is also amazing but after the price cut costs less than Carenado's C172 for example. I don't understand why they aren't dropping prices of their older aircraft too.

Thank you. 

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

No V1,r,2/Vref tables listed in the manuals that I could find. Found them online, but how could this be left out when the option is right there in the G1000 to enter them?.

I haven't been able or willing to do a complete flight yet because you can not enter a flight plan in on the MFD or GCU 475. Neither "ENT" buttons work on my installation. Tried reinstalling, disabling reflections as stated in the accompanying file. Nothing works. Can only enter data through the PFD.

EDIT: After the 2.2 update applied today, the "ENT" buttons appear to be working properly. I was also having issues with the "Cold and Dark" and "Ready to Taxi" buttons. Those are functioning now also.

Where did you find the Vref tables?