Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

Bug / Correction List

Where did you find the Vref tables?

I uploaded them to fileswap. Not sure how long they will remain up.

QRH (what the pilot has next to him for checklist/emergency/performance data): http://www.fileswap.com/dl/PYYPAq8v6/

POH Volume 01 (POH minus performance data): http://www.fileswap.com/dl/brKspv1Wkp/

POH Volume 02 (POH performance data): http://www.fileswap.com/dl/VOHuPUvAql/

If these aren't working, let me know. If anyone needs help interpreting the tabulated data, shoot me a PM.

Reading all the posts above certainly shows that nature is taking its course. Too bad. Carenado had a chance to make a respected place in the sim community and dispell the "quantity instead of quality" name which they earned early on.

The statements from Carenado here are a testimony to the fact that system quality is not part of their offering nor will it ever be in the near future. Regardless of what they do in the future, they have lost my interest totally. Like others, I will enjoy the older Carenado planes in my hangar, many of which we spent considerable time getting them to function as they should have when they were purchased.

It is good we have choices. Names like PMDG, Milviz, A2A, RealAir, will continue to add top quality products and enjoyment to the sim hobby.  

Like others, I will enjoy the older Carenado planes in my hangar, many of which we spent considerable time getting them to function as they should have when they were purchased.

Did even their 2008-2010 aircraft like the C172, PA28 and C185 feel incomplete and require modifications? I remember hearing great things about Carenado back then and regarded them as the best aircraft developer (though I wasn't looking that much into add-ons then).

Finally!!! Someone who "gets it". And Bob650's comments are dead on the money as well. If you look at the bug list in this thread, many of the bugs are so obvious that one has to wonder if Carenado actually even pushed a switch in this thing before it was released. Par for the course and why I stopped buying Carenado some time back. I don't like rewarding developers who not only are too lazy to do what's advertised and has already been done (by THEM) in the past, but also have so little consideration for their customers that they tell US what is important (and in most cases are 180 degrees off course!). Really - the stall annunciator isn't important??? And the GPU surely isn't important because we all know that FSX's default battery lasts for many seconds before it kills your electrics (yes, yes, I know - FSUIPC can fix that -- so why are you paying Carenado $40 - you should be buying FSUIPC instead :(). But hey, Carenado knows best, don't they.

The OP even said they didn't expect them to model the FADEC. Why not?? That is a primary feature of any modern VLJ (and most other modern jet)! If you aren't going to cover the primary functions, why make it?? I will say one thing for it - for $40, you get a great screenshot model.

Anyway, nothing new here except Fabio and Bob650 do get it and it's good to see someone actually speak out on this. Hopefully it serves a warning to other would be buyers because until we get more Fabio's and Bob's, Carenado will continue to pump out not much more than expensive eye candy and good developers will steer clear of making very worthwhile projects, depriving us all of quality airplanes that are widely used. I can't wait to see the bug list on the Falcon. Now THAT should be impressive!

I'm very much looking forward to their next "expensive eye candy," thank you. :)

I hear digital synths are all crap, too, apparently, according to the analogue purists........ and nothing sounds as good as vinyl! Except leather, maybe....

I went and bought the FT Phenom and so far I like it way better than the Carenado. Thanks for the recommendation. 

-Cris

As they say, sad but true.

People, save yourselves some money and buy the FT Phenom; Just Flight were doing the boxed version for £5, not sure if they still are...

Darn, and I so wanted the Phenom to be better than it is, and I so wanted to replace my ageing Flight1 PC12...