Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Prepar3D 2.2 Released!

Yes!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Changes sound amazing, the news post has some awesome screenshots from Orbx, and they've also announced that Prepar3D 2.3 is in development.

Get flying!

P3Dv2 installers sure do like computing space requirements  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

Downloading right now. 2.8mb/sec. 1hour left:-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Can ORBX scenery remain in place with the patch?

Bob

I am installing the patch right now but am concurrently downloading the full, just in case.

Bob

I wonder if the patch will introduce issues this time like Prepar3D 2.1. Hopefully you won't have to download the entire installer again.

See, this is why I need to learn patience.

I just reinstalled P3D v2.1 about 45 minutes ago to get ready, and va-boom. If I had waited, I could have just downloaded the full package and installed clean.

Oh well. :)

-Greg

If anyone is using the patcher and not the full installation, please let us know how it is. Because I really don't trust the patch will ensure a stable sim.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I always download both.  That way I have a full "virgin" copy for default folders.  But I had no issue with the last patch so I will patch again.  Should some fun flying today! :P

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Used the patch and could not see any problems. Opening screen says 2014..... but after a while I had a FATAL error. Restart and it started correctly. Choosed OK and ..... FATAL error. So yes there seems to be problems. Think I will go for a CLEAN 2.2 installation.

So yes there seems to be problems.

Did you delete these directories before running a patched 2.2?

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

Cheers, Rob.

Grrrr I just did a clean install a month ago

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Can ORBX scenery remain in place with the patch?

Yes, but suggest you backup your scenery.cfg (\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2) and after patch install and deleting those 4 directories copy the scenery.cfg back ... go into P3D 2.2 - Scenery and hit Ok to rebuild indexes.