Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Prepar3D 2.2 Released!

Well, I had my autogen down to very dense because maxed, I was lucky to make 20-22 fps. I turned up the autogen all the way and I am maintaining 28-30. So whatever they did is working. 

This was my only focus at this time. It looks to be very efficient.

Bob

Well, I had my autogen down to very dense because maxed, I was lucky to make 20-22 fps. I turned up the autogen all the way and I am maintaining 28-30. So whatever they did is working. 

This was my only focus at this time. It looks to be very efficient.

Can you watch your CPU and GPU usage while increasing the autogen? Apparently some of the autogen work (for trees so far) was moved to background threads and the GPU.

I used the time preview feature to watch the cloud shadows

move around. Very impressive. Just now fiddling with the distances and counts.

Nice cloud covering about 2/3 of KSEA. Looks really cool!

bob

Can you watch your CPU and GPU usage while increasing the autogen? Apparently some of the autogen work (for trees so far) was moved to background threads and the GPU.

Don't have any utilities for that installed. I can tell you that they did something to the autogen and it works very well!

Bob

For those who had the beta, any recommended settings for those new shadow sliders?

By the way, I am using ORBX if someone needs to know. I think there might be some folks wondering what scenery I was using.

Sorry about that.

Bob

Don't have any utilities for that installed. I can tell you that they did something to the autogen and it works very well!

For the CPU the task manager will do just fine. For the GPU, there's a really simple app called GPU-Z: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

I just used the patch. Installed flawlessly, no problem. I have already flown my first check ride. The clouds are the first thing you notice, stunning!

By the way, I am using ORBX if someone needs to know. I think there might be some folks wondering what scenery I was using.

Sorry about that.

Bob

Bob, did you use the patch or a full install?

This release sounds great!

Sent from my Mobile thing

Sorry about that.

Bob

JW what are your specs?

I noticed in the change list  that they got rid of AA for clouds did that help the frames any when alot of clouds are present? 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Woo hoo, huge step in the right direction!  Will download tonight.

-Phil

I downloaded the patch as the same problem is still there ...... even after following the rules and deleting all the Lockheed Martin files.

Now downloading the full install.

Why can this problem not get resolved?  We have complained about this with the last patch !!!!!

I downloaded the patch as the same problem is still there ...... even after following the rules and deleting all the Lockheed Martin files.

Now downloading the full install.

Why can this problem not get resolved?  We have complained about this with the last patch !!!!!

Extremely weird. For some people the patch seems to work perfectly fine.

Bob, did you use the patch or a full install?

This release sounds great!

Sent from my Mobile thing

I used the patch. NO issues as far as I can tell. checked the exe version and is is correct.

Bob

Worked great from the get go. Just downloaded and installed the patch. Looks lovely and those cloud shadows do really make a difference! Best of all, my three year old computer handles it very well. Did a spin around NYC in the Extra, and even though my AI traffic is killing FPS down to 15, it is surprisingly smooth. A few autogen spikes with autogen maxed out, but that is to be expected with my GTX580.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!