Sign in to follow this  
kstjohn

Support Forum - Your Feedback Please

Hello

I am close to pulling the trigger on purchase of 737NGX. The last issue I am trying to resolve is the level of support. I would be interested in comments from all of you users. I see a lot of posts going unanswered by PMDG staff. Users helping users is OK up to a point so I am very interested. $70 is a lot me and I want to make sure it is the right move. Thanks in advance.

The forum is not the first place for product support. PMDG has a ticket support system on their website where you should go. Support times are very good

Most support issues are resolved quickly via the Support Ticket system.  Having said that, most issues are with the user's system and not the PMDG software.  Be sure your system can support the software and it's setup correctly, and you'll have no problems.

The software has been around for several years now. Unanswered posts can be an indication that the matter for the post has already been answered once if not many times before. Users don't like to search before posting (why, I have no idea).  As I said above, use the support system if you have an issue, but if your system can handle the aircraft and is setup properly, you won't need to use it.  Oh, and the manual is a great place to get information rather than posting to get it - many seem to avoid reading or searching the documentation.

Hope this helps!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I see a lot of posts going unanswered by PMDG staff.
That's because, even though this is the PMDG "support" forum, it's not really the place to get actual support. If you need support you need and should it get from http://support.precisionmanuals.com/ which they do a good job of getting back to you within 24 hours.

Hello kstjohn

99% of my issues I resolve here, in the forum. Others users, and sometimes PMDG staff always are here to help. 1% of my issues I resolve by opening a Ticket Support on PMDG website. 

And in my opinion, one of the best supports of flight sim comunity. Like the others said, If you don't find your solution here, open a Ticket Support. 

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

You get the best support in the business with PMDG. No need to worry on that score. The forum gives good community based support. With products like the NGX you won't need much support if you follow the initial guidance given in the introduction manual and tutorials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have had the odd questions and raised support tickets accordingly...answers received within 24hrs everytime. Their support is outstanding, no doubt.

And in this forum you will also most likely find answers to any question that you might come up with.

And appreciate you are not primarily seeking a recommendation but it's a fantastic aircraft.

Well I just ordered it. The install is in it's 1-1/2 hour point downloading and installing Directx from 2007 forward. This is a surprise. Running W7x64, 21.5 MBs download connection, virus scanner off, not installing to x86 directory. Over 90-minutes now. Slider is about 50% complete.  Does this sound right - anyone?