Sign in to follow this  
ratake

FSX Performance

Hello guys,

I built a new machine, It was not designed for FSX but for games in general. I`m running:

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1866MHz

Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X OC

120gb Samsung SSD

1TB Seagate Barracuda

FSX is installed on the Barracuda drive, but I do not think it would affect it's performance.

So, when flying the 737NGX, I get like 10-20Fps on VC.. 2D Cockpit is fne, I get 30 (its locked to it), but it kinda sucks, I think a 8320 at 4.4GHz could handle it. I already used Word Not Allowed's guide and It really helped, but.. I do really want to fly at 30FPS :P

My graphics are on medium-high, but running on everything low or everything high, it does not affect performance. AffinityMask is set to 254. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

(Sorry for my bad english, not my main language.)

Run AMD last 10 years, gave up, even the 6300I had at 4.6 Gig doesnt come close to Intel 4770k at stock. FSX need single thread performance and AMD dont do well at that.

Yeah I know, but I think that with 4.4GHz I could get a pretty good performance.. And I also think FX-8320 at 4.4GHz has more IPC than an i3, right? yet, ive seen some people running it smooth on an i3.

The important thing is it smooth. Even with my setup i get occasional stuters but not so much. There are few PCs that will hold a constant 30FPS especially with complex scenery lots of ai at busy airports. Turn off the FPS counter it really means nothing and will just make you unhappy.

Affinity mask settings really help when calculated correctly, for the most part FSX is horridly optimized. I however am running an AMD Phenom II 965BE C3 Revision and with some help from AVSIM and Word Not Allowed's guides and tweaks into my FSX.cfg file I average 23-25 FPS with drops as low as 11-12 on average not bad for an old CPU running at 3.4 GHz

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

As my specs show, I am running somewhere between pretty good and a high performance rig and I still drop below 30 at some point, usually at a heavy pay ware airport around the terminal and plenty of AI. There is no such thing as no stutters with FSX.

Just like mjrhealth said, turn the counter off.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So guys, its not the fps but the performance. Flying at 11fps is terrible. I get low FPS only on 737NGX VC, it doenst matter if Im on SBBE with no scenery or SBRJ with a VERY complex scenery, the fps is the same.

:(