Sign in to follow this  
rparson99

A VAS IMPROVEMENT!

A big 2 thumbs up to LM!     ....and that's even without cloud shadows enabled!!!   Yup, the combination of moderate to high detail settings and a sky full of ASN rendered clouds is a bit too much for this 2g card to take...oh, and 3 screens ! :-D

But my settings are adjusted lower than 2.1 and yet I have never seen so many trees in my (sim) life!  And blurries... My F16 and F22 break up long before I see blurries...great JOB!  Oh, and the auto gen distance...it's way out as before....   I tried to catch it, but just the blurries...my plane stresses out long before.  Haven't flen long enough to test OOM threshold...but I am happy already

Flew in Seattle with Orbx and ASN + Opus (camera) in Aerosoft F16.  

Upgraded using patch.  

No errors following install instructions.

Cheers.

...and thanks to Rob for whatever part he played to give feedback to LM, and let us in on some of the beta results!  No disappointment here.

A big 2 thumbs up to LM!     ....and that's even without cloud shadows enabled!!!   Yup, the combination of moderate to high detail settings and a sky full of ASN rendered clouds is a bit too much for this 2g card to take...oh, and 3 screens ! :-D

But my settings are adjusted lower than 2.1 and yet I have never seen so many trees in my (sim) life!  And blurries... My F16 and F22 break up long before I see blurries...great JOB!  Oh, and the auto gen distance...it's way out as before....   I tried to catch it, but just the blurries...my plane stresses out long before.  Haven't flen long enough to test OOM threshold...but I am happy already

Flew in Seattle with Orbx and ASN + Opus (camera) in Aerosoft F16.  

Upgraded using patch.  

No errors following install instructions.

Cheers.

...and thanks to Rob for whatever part he played to give feedback to LM, and let us in on some of the beta results!  No disappointment here.

Awesome, can you post your settings here for me.  I too have eyefinity, just trying to see what others are using.

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Graphics:

FXaa=OFF

MSAA=2 samples

Texture Filtering=Anistrophic 4x

Texture Resolution = 4096

Tessallation Enabled

vsync=off

Wideview Aspect = not checked

Mipmap = Checked

2d Trans = none

Scenery:

Terran

Level of Detail radius = high

Tessallation factor = ultra

Mesh Resolution = 1m

Texture Resolution = 7cm

Land Detail text = checked

Water and Bath....

Water Detail = Ultra

Reflection = all checked

Bathymtetry = checked for now

Scenery Objects

Scenery Complexity =  extremely dense

Autogen veg = dense

Autogen Build = dense

Special Effects

detail and distance = high

Lighting:

Lighting = all checked

Shadows

Shadow Map = Medium

Enable terrain to receive shadows = checked

Terrain shadow cast dist = 0

Cloud shadow cast Dist = 0

Objct shadow cast = currently 6,000m

Object Type

Internal and external vehicle both on to cast and to receive

Weather:

Visual Settings

Cloud draw distance = 100mi

Cloud Detail = Detailed

Thermal = none

Cloud Density = maximum

Volumetric fog = enabled

the rest is pretty much standard affair....

I flew around this evening with high, high settings and came up with two observations:

1) I would have gotten OOM's in the prior version with such high settings, but with v2.2, did not come close to an OOM.  That was great!

2) FSX is looking quite old and ragged in comparison now.  I would not even be able to come close in FSX to the visual robustness that is available in P3D.  Excellent job LM!

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations