Sign in to follow this  
cva1077

Is my PC good enough to make the move?

On the LM system requirements page, it says the minimum GPU memory is 1gb. I have this, but I'm a bit hesitant on moving to p3d from FSX before getting some feedback from those who already use it with a config similar to mine. The main concern I have about the switch is my ageing 560ti.

My specs are

GTX 560ti

i5 4670k

8gb 1600mhz DDR3

Can anyone with a similar system comment on the performance of p3dv2 compared to fsx?

With reasonable settings you should be able to get a quite smooth experience out of XPX. With your CPU, you might think about updating to a more powerful graphics card later. 

XPX? He's talking about Prepar3D 2.2.

EDIT: It was deleted. At cva1077, your system should be good enough for Prepar3D 2.2. You will not get max settings, but you will probably like what you see more than in FSX.

Guest Mik75

sorry guys, LM, LR, it's still early in the morning here... I removed the text from my post to avoid confusion.

Don't laugh ... I have a 4770K running through an overclocked 560Ti and the combo runs P3D V2 fine.  I will upgrade to 6gb when the rumoured 780 is released but at the moment quite surprised and satisfied.

My specs are
GTX 560ti
i5 4670k
8gb 1600mhz DDR3

Your CPU is certainly strong enough, but the card seems a bit week.  I agree with Chaotic that you should be able to run P3D, but the great thing about this platform is is when you upgrade your video card you will see a significant positive impact.  Definitely worth getting P3D.  :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I'll get it this weekend. Once I have some more money saved I'll look at upgrading my GPU as well.

I have an old i7-2600 (3.4GHz) with a 560Ti and 1.25 GB VRAM. Obviously, I can't max the settings (no shadowing), but P3D2.2 did let me shift settings to the right. It works great. My addons are FS Commander, ASN, and FTX Global + Vector. I have just completed a flight from CYOW to KBOS. During the flight, I checked how my 560Ti was doing: it was running at less than 30%.

Frans Kes