Sign in to follow this  
bluepanorama

Flight plan activate!

Hi guys ... ... There's some good soul, which explains step by step how do you activate the flight plan?

I can't understand the G1000.

Help me........

You really should check out the docs that Carenado included with the G1000, but I'm not one to say RTFM, at least not at the moment. ;)

I'm doing this from memory and not on the sim atm, so it'll get you close if not exact.

Click the FPL button on the keypad (opens the FPL window).  Then click the center of the knob on the top left of keypad (composed of 2 knobs inner / outer, center is a button) which should give you a cursor.  Roll the inner cursor to the right a notch.  That'll open up another window on the MFD that you can enter a waypoint into.  Enter the waypoint using keypad (you may have to roll the inner knob one more time to change the cursor from word to letter).  After you type in your waypoint, hit enter (could be twice).  Back at the flight plan screen, use the outer knob to go to the next space, then rinse and repeat.

To navigate via GPS, click the CDI button of the PFD (left display - bottom soft key) which will cycle between VOR1, VOR2, and GPS.

Good luck.  If not a manual reader, I'd guess you're a fiddler.  That should be enough info to make you dangerous. :)

Hope it helps.

If you search with Google you will also find the full Prodigy manual available; it provides detailed instructions on how to use all the features in the real thing, and then you can know which are implemented in the Carenado simulation, and how to use them, and which are absent.

It's 778 pages long, but if you enjoy understanding such systems, it's a great read.