Sign in to follow this  
chumley

Weather depiction not important to me

Yes it's the same in EZDOK. Adjust your view, then put your aircraft on a different airport and different heading and voila. Your viewpoint has just changed. It is really annoying as the 777 is big and you constantly have to slightly adjust your viewpoint to get it all included. Sometimes you just adjust your sight with the middle wheel, other times the difference is large enough and re zooming, re positioning or just putting up with it is required.

Having a solution to this would be SO FREAKIN' AMAZING !!!!

Xander

Ok I just ran a quick test, what size screen do you have? On my 47'' it is hardly noticeable, as long as the PFD lines up with the yoke on my desk then I'm fine.  That's probably why some of us have not noticed an issue.

Rob Prest

Ok I just ran a quick test, what size screen do you have? On my 47'' it is hardly noticeable, as long as the PFD lines up with the yoke on my desk then I'm fine.  That's probably why some of us have not noticed an issue.

Try taxiing a bit at Changi, seriously  :lol:

I'd suppose more extreme zoom levels might mitigate it somewhat, I run at .75 and whenever I get down south it's pretty extreme.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Try taxiing a bit at Changi, seriously  :lol:

I'd suppose more extreme zoom levels might mitigate it somewhat, I run at .75 and whenever I get down south it's pretty extreme.

Actually I flew from Changi to Leipzig a few weeks back.  Ok I'll give it another a try :)

edit-  I use a zoom of .40 on a big screen.  What size screen are you using?

Cheers

Rob Prest

Actually I flew from Changi to Leipzig a few weeks back.  Ok I'll give it another a try :)

edit-  I use a zoom of .40 on a big screen.  What size screen are you using?

Cheers

Yeah that zoom level is what lessens the issue for you. When you run your test try it temporarily at a zoom closer to default and you can't miss it.

I run on a 27" 19x12, with this being my preferred viewpoint for T/O and LDG:

fqha.png

and this once enroute:

i3c9.png

Regards,

Brian Doney

I see what you mean now, the movement is very small at .40 on a large widescreen TV.  Tried it on my smaller screen with higher zoom and the effect is very pronounced.

Well, PMDG should focus on increasing the realism factor. No idea where the OP got his little eye candy rant from, shows a clear lack knowledge....

Good luck to OPUS, lets hope they fix the issue for those affected.

regards

Rob Prest

Yeah, this is what it feels like turning in the pattern anywhere in the southern hemisphere:

james2.gif

:lol:

The rest I agree with completely, I only replied for this issue alone.

EDIT:

OMG ! Snoop uses FSX !!!

tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif

Regards,

Brian Doney

If I remember correctly...Doesn't the Airbus X Extented have "fixed" viewpoints without view shifting?

Yeah, this is what it feels like turning in the pattern anywhere in the southern hemisphere:

james2.gif

:lol:

The rest I agree with completely, I only replied for this issue alone.

Nothing to do with the southern hemisphere. Whether you're north or south of the Eqautor is  irrelevant. It's the closer you are is what's causing the problem.

Jimmy Nestor

If I remember correctly...Doesn't the Airbus X Extented have "fixed" viewpoints without view shifting?

It has a very nice view selection system but, all cameras are defined in the same way, and therefore just as susceptible.

The thing is, the smaller the aircraft, and the closer the camera definitions are to the reference point, the less pronounced this issue is.

Nothing to do with the southern hemisphere. Whether you're north or south of the Eqautor is  irrelevant. It's the closer you are is what's causing the problem.

So you're saying it is instead the proximity to the equator that is the issue ? Closer being worse ?

EDIT: Wow Changi isn't even IN the southern hemisphere...time for my meds and a nap I think.  :fool:

Regards,

Brian Doney

The thing is, the smaller the aircraft, and the closer the camera definitions are to the reference point, the less pronounced this issue is.

Sorry for the offtopic: But isn't the A320 about the size of the B737? In the NGX the viewshifting is definitely noticable.

Sorry for the offtopic: But isn't the A320 about the size of the B737? In the NGX the viewshifting is definitely noticable.

I see it in both for sure, though it's not too bad in either relatively speaking.

Zoom levels play a big part of it too, IIRC the default zooms for the Airbus or quite small.

Apparently I can't tell north from south today though so take that all with a huge grain of salt.  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

Whilst the depiction of weather in PMDG NGX and 777 are important to the eye candy brigade I would rather PMDG spent time investigating and resolving the nausea inducing eye point shifting when the aircraft in a turn using in the virtual cockpit.  

To me that would be immeasurably more of a winner than a coloured weather radar. 

- insulting the very audience you're trying to appeal to in the first sentence...check

- implying the weather radar is nothing but eye candy, and insulting the developer...check

- blaming the developer for a problem that originates within FSX itself...check

Yeah, great way to start this one.

Here...you dropped this.

shovel.jpg

The eyepoint shift is FSX not PMDG. Besides I kinda like it. Gives one the feeling of leaning into a turn etc.

When was the last time a 777 pilot leaned into a turn in a 777? Round about the 12th I suspect - of never!!

Ok I just ran a quick test, what size screen do you have? On my 47'' it is hardly noticeable, as long as the PFD lines up with the yoke on my desk then I'm fine. That's probably why some of us have not noticed an issue.

Try taxying in a circle or slewing heading. It doesn't matter how large your monitor is, the circular head movement is obvious. If you tilt your view 90 deg down to the seat you will notice the viewpoint moves in a circle. The nearer the equator the larger the effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

When was the last time a 777 pilot leaned into a turn in a 777? Round about the 12th I suspect - of never!!

Andy

I was on a 777 last week in the business cabin (4A) and could quite easily feel the turns while taxiing. Perhaps 'leaned into a turn' is the wrong description, but you will find that when any object changes velocity, there is an equal and opposite effect that often makes you subconsciously lean a bit to counteract. If FSX wanted to be really realistic, it would simulate up and down bounces along the taxiways etc as well. Sadly real life is not quite as smooth as FSX would have us believe..