Sign in to follow this  
YVRLHRDXB

Taxiways disappered after v2.2 update?

I just tested PASI P3Dv2.2 day and nighttime.

No taxiway problems and no taxi errors in Content log.

I did screenshots if needed.

Did you do screenshots?

I didn't say that I've problems with taxiways! I said that there are error messages in the ContentErrorLog which deal with taxiways. Some hundred of this kind:

[error.0]

error=Taxiway path with 0 width

I think that LM changed something at the rendering process of taxiways and this may lead to some disappearance of taxiways.

By the way, it's PASI within Tongass+ the add-on scenery made by Holger Sandmann.

Thanks for your help

Spirit

Thanks for the replies.

It was a mytraffic issue, I disabled the mytraffic entry in the scenery library and everything works fine.

It was a mytraffic issue, I disabled the mytraffic entry in the scenery library and everything works fine.

Avsim forum to the rescue... again!  I had the same problem with Prepar3d 2.2, noticed it first at RJAA, multiple taxiways missing. I have a dual installation, 1.4 and 2.2 and there was no issue with 1.4, both have Mytraffic installed. Deactivated Mytraffic in 2.2 and taxiways are back :-)

Hope L/M fixes this bug.

I dont have My Traffic installed but still have the missing taxi ways on occasion?

This happened to me in p3d 2.1 after I installed MyTraffic. I fixed it using Airport Design Editor

Can you be more specific as to how you fixed it with A P E?

P I C

FYI you can move the my traffic to a lower priority within the scenery library and taxiways will come back. Move it all the way downs to just above default scenery.

Doing that you might a well remove the MTX AFCADS completely as they will only be used at airports where no default file exists, it also will nullify the extra parking that these 2000+ MTX AFCADS add to the Sim thus reducing the traffic levels again and causing many aircraft to disappear after landing. Why LM chose to fix this bug I have no idea, they should put a switch in the config file to make this further backward compatible with the bug, as fixing it has just made thousands of hours of work for many developers.

Cheers, Andy.

2.1 had a problem with some airports missing taxiways. It says 2.2 fixed this issue?

- "Resolved an issue certain stock airports were not rendering their taxiways"

I don't have MyTraffic, only Orbx Global, Vector and some regions.  Many of my taxiways have also disappeared at stock airports using V2.2.  Most are covered with grass textures. 

Same for me. I was at Kelowna and no taxiway. I just have global and fsx regions on my set-up.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Doing that you might a well remove the MTX AFCADS completely as they will only be used at airports where no default file exists, it also will nullify the extra parking that these 2000+ MTX AFCADS add to the Sim thus reducing the traffic levels again and causing many aircraft to disappear after landing. Why LM chose to fix this bug I have no idea, they should put a switch in the config file to make this further backward compatible with the bug, as fixing it has just made thousands of hours of work for many developers.

I hope that in 2.3, they will fix this.  I moved MyTraffic down in the scenery list to get back my taxiways but wasn't aware of the other things that I will lose as well.  Burkhard won't be able to fix this for awhile and is probably concerned that something else will break after he creates a fix.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I don't have MyTraffic, only Orbx Global, Vector and some regions.  Many of my taxiways have also disappeared at stock airports using V2.2.  Most are covered with grass textures. 

Did you run the airport elevation correction (AEC) in the Configurator that comes with Vector? Burkhard has modified many of the stock airports  (to add more gates, etc.) and some of the runway elevations that he chose don't match the runway elevations that Vector uses. My "lazy" solution was to just move all of the MyTraffic airport files out of the MyTraffic scenery folder and just leave the MyTraffic BGL files that govern the routes. According to Burkhard's message board, the impact of this is that some airports won't be able to accommodate every scheduled flight because there are not enough gates of certain sizes. For example, I noticed that at KALB, the UPS freight aircraft are forced into using a passenger gate in some instances.

Else, you can run AEC and it should fix the issue also.

I have green taxiway problem as well,  very helpful thread here.

using mytraffic 3d for p3dv2.

Think I  will for now lower MTX to bottom of scenery for now as a neat way to park its airports till there is a fix.

I usually have traffic set low anyway 10 - 15% max, so AI should have enough parking from default airports, I assume.

I hope disabling MTX airports this way will also fix the issue with GSX being confused about gate sizes at MTX airports.

unfortunately for MTX developer increasingly with more add-ons disabling his scenery is the easiest solution, he needs to fix this, by maybe adding extra config options to MTX that make it flexible to use with add-ons.

Did you run the airport elevation correction (AEC) in the Configurator that comes with Vector? Burkhard has modified many of the stock airports  (to add more gates, etc.) and some of the runway elevations that he chose don't match the runway elevations that Vector uses. My "lazy" solution was to just move all of the MyTraffic airport files out of the MyTraffic scenery folder and just leave the MyTraffic BGL files that govern the routes. According to Burkhard's message board, the impact of this is that some airports won't be able to accommodate every scheduled flight because there are not enough gates of certain sizes. For example, I noticed that at KALB, the UPS freight aircraft are forced into using a passenger gate in some instances.

Else, you can run AEC and it should fix the issue also.

No I haven't run AEC but I will tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Just FYI for those with grass taxiways go to:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/prepar3d-v2-taxiway-issues.428216/

Its for scruffyduck who makes ADE and he explains that LM changed or fixed the drawsurface flag for taxiways.

If you run ADE for the airport with the problems you can reset those flags and you will have taxiways again.

Hope this helps.

Sean Green

Just FYI for those with grass taxiways go to:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/prepar3d-v2-taxiway-issues.428216/

Its for scruffyduck who makes ADE and he explains that LM changed or fixed the drawsurface flag for taxiways.

If you run ADE for the airport with the problems you can reset those flags and you will have taxiways again.

Hope this helps.

That is exactly what Burkhard is doing, but it takes time to do that as it is still a manual process, you cannot batch file thousands of airports and let ADE do all the hard work for you. Burkhard mentioned the other day he has done 600 or so of the 2500+ airports he includes with MTX. It would have been far easier if Lockheed had just provided a simple ini parameter to enter into P3D to tell the sim to ignore the flag and just draw the taxi surface like it has done for the last 8 years in FS.

Cheers, Andy.