Sign in to follow this  
SEFEH

The PMDG B737-600 - 800 drift to right

Hi there, 

I am quite new with B737-600 -800 PMDG and its a great software simulator. 

I have a problem and tested with different settings and technique on landing. When I disengage the A / T and CMD after that had all values ​​perfectly along the G / S to land manually about 500 ft before ground N1 approximately 40%. The plane slips slightly off to the right always. The aircraft makes this even when testing 0grader/0kt wind. You can save and get to a good landing but it does not feel right. Trying to keep the rudder for crosswind but it does not feel good then it slips away at 0 wind. Is this a local failure or something like PMDG and other simulators are tainted with?

fslabs_banner.png

Hi Sefeh,

I bought the PMDG 737 series over a year ago and have been learning to fly this awesome piece of software on an almost daily basis and when I disengage the autopilot and A/T and I have not had the aircraft slip to either side except of course in weather conditions, where rudder is a must.

But seeing that you tried without weather and still have a slip to the right could indicate that you might be using a throttle quadrant which may not be correctly calibrated. Maybe take a look at the N1 values of either engines and see if there is a difference which may be causing the plane to swirve to the right when you are on the final? Or maybe you are using pedals too and maybe those are not correctly calibrated? I use yoke, throttle and pedals from saitek as well, but I have them calibrated through FSUIPC and sometimes need to re-calibrate (every couple of weeks depending on usage).

Cheers,
Rene

Thanks for the comment.
I use a Logitech 3D Pro and I have no pedals. I will check the throttle and N1 but have not seen any difference. Is sure there is no differences between right and left N1. I think that you comments and I be in still air and the aircraft glide then there is something wrong. Have also tried with side trim settings but it does not help anyway. Using Logitech calibrering on recommendations of PMDG manual. There's also just a throttle common for the left and right engine on the Logitech 3D Pro.

fslabs_banner.png

Are you sure Logitech 3D Pro isn't doing some rudder input? I have one of those and it's rudder axis is quite inaccurate, always puts some rudder in...