Sign in to follow this  
alex

CTD in FS9 after installing MCE demo

Hi everyone,

After watching the demo with the FSX CS727 I really wanted to give MCE a go. But it gave me quite a scare - FS9 (still stuck with it) would crash to desktop during start up with no error message.

I had that happening once and could never solve it except by reinstalling everything, so it was quite a scare.

Fortunately uninstalling MCE and removing the FSinsider.mdl file solved it.

Now that panic has subsided *s* I'd like to try and solve this.

Also, I wanted to try it with CLS 747 - it is a rather simple model, I suppose it would work easily with MCE? In case anyone has tried it.

I realized this isn't a support forum per si. I'm emailing MCE crew as well. 

Thanks in advance for any help

Alex

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Just to close this topic, this problem was solved by MCE support (fast and prompt reply) by sending a substitute fsinsider.dll.

Also found that MCE has generic jet checklists that I hope means MCE can work with a more simple jet model like the CLS B742. Already created a specific B742 checklist based on the B744 and I'll test it later.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Glad you got it working Alex. I would guess some basic interface would work with the CLS B742, just ask the guys at support what capability the first officer would have in the checklists.