Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

p3D v2.2 Poor Frame Rate. Dropped to 17 from 68 FPS.

Deleted v2.1 following the instructions from P3D, not a trace of it remained on my Hd.  Full installation of v2.2, experienced CTD's.  Managed to get P3D running and made the settings as per Robains settings and my FPS dropped down to 17.

I haven't made any .CFG edits (didn't have any in v2.1) and I have not updated nVIdia drivers yet.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

\Robert Hamlich/

I got a 50 frame jump, so I would be looking internal System or Drivers.

why delete your perfect 2.1 setup, just patch to 2.2 :rolleyes:   I'm getting amazing performance in P3D2.2 without re-installing the whole sim.  LM offers buyers a small patch file(107mb approx.)  or a complete full install for new buyers.

I was getting great performance with 2.1 with fps set @ 30. Also using MSI Afterburner to monitor fan, temp & gpu usage. With 2.2 fps is down to 12 and gpu usage on my 680GTX has gone from 50% to 99%!!!!

Lyn the trucker

FSX - XP11 - MSFS         Ryzen 5900x - Asus X570 VIII Hero - RTX 4090 - G.SKILL Trident 32 GB DDR4 - WD SN750 M2 1TB + Samsung SSD 250GB - HP Reverb G2 - Win 10/64

Lower your settings that are influenced by gpu. Especially if your filling the ram.

Check and delete old nVidiaInspector P3D profile guys, that should solve the performance problems.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

What CTDs are you talking about?

Spirit

Hi Spirit,

First crash was kernel32.dll and the second did not provide the faulting module.

I uninstalled v2.2 completely and re-installed v2.1 and patched up to v2.2 making sure to delete the following 4 folders as recommended by the P3D team:

I recommend manually deleting the following folders for v2:

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

• %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

• %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

• %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

The shaders have been versioned for this release (they will automatically regenerate), but it does not hurt to clear them as I have advised.

Adam Breed

Senior Software Engineer - Prepar3D® Team

P3D is working correctly now, on a side note I am not using nVidia Inspector at the moment and will see if there are issues if I use it and report back.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,

good to know that you could fix your problem.

Spirit

Hi

I have this same problem, but Deleted 4 folder not helps to me.

Maybe I doing something wrong

My plane is on  default airport(i have ca60fps) when I changed a weather to building storms my fps drop to 10 fps, but when i change a time +1h or more my fps coming back.

I got i7 2700k and gtx 780

R.

Did you update from 2.1 to 2.2 via the patch or was it a fresh v2.2 install?  Delete the nVidia Inspector profile if there is one, delete your shader cache and delete the P3D.CFG.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi

Yes, I upgrade and deleted 4 folders (not use a NI)

I install new fresh version p3d and always I have the same situation.

This problem is when the clouds shadowa are on. (some P3D bug)

Many peopole have the same problem.

Please check on your machine and get me info.

R.

This problem is when the clouds shadowa are on. (some P3D bug)

That doesn't seem like a bug, that's a setting that's really hard any system.  I find that in order to have the clouds on, I need to make sacrifices in other areas.

"My plane is on  default airport(i have ca60fps) when I changed a weather to building storms my fps drop to 10 fps, but when i change a time +1h or more my fps coming back."

Maybe you are right, but it is strange.

Why when I change a time +1h on this same weather theme(the same clouds), my fps coming back?

"My plane is on  default airport(i have ca60fps) when I changed a weather to building storms my fps drop to 10 fps, but when i change a time +1h or more my fps coming back."

Maybe you are right, but it is strange.

Why when I change a time +1h on this same weather theme(the same clouds), my fps coming back?

What are your cloud shadow settings?  If your system suddenly jumps from mapping no cloud shadows, to suddenly mapping a ton of them, I think that would be explanatory.  I've not seen anybody be able to claim the sim can run beyond anything but the lowest cloud shadow settings.